[Audi A3/S3] 2004 S3 ?

spencec

Does anyone out there know any hard facts about the production of the New 2004 S3? Engine size etc... Is there one going to be released or not.I have heard that there is going to be one with a V8 engine! Or will they go straight to an RS3? Anyone in the know please tell.

Here's the news (in my paraphrasing):

The V8 S3 is just journalists speculation. There will not be a V8 in either S3, RS3, etc, etc.

The reason - well the V8 has not been designed for Haldex, only Torsen and as such won't fit the A3 set up. The V6 is a narrow angle transverse set where as the V8 is a traditional V8 set longitudinally. At the present angle of the V8 it would not fit in the engine bay of the A3.

So who's actually believed there would be a V8 in a A3? ROLLEY~14.GIFsmashfreakB.gif

EVO has a feature this month on the next Golf GTi, it'll be using the 2.0 FSI petrol turbo'd motor, which should be good for 200bhp (with STACKS of torque??!!). Audi have apparently confirmed that the next turbo engine they will be using will be the same unit, so wouldn't it make sense that the next S3 will be a 2.0 four-cylinder FSI with a load more punch (around 250bhp would be nice)?

This is all speculation.. but a V8 S3? No way. Too big an engine for the car; most insurers wouldn't even cover it..

MK

Guys,

Just came back from the dealers to make an appointment for wheel alingnment and chatted a bit with the sales people there.

According to them the new S3 in 2004 will be the 2.0 FSI engine with a turbo........ does this make any sense to anybody?

Anyway, I thought I'd share this with y'all.

greets

beerchug.gif

Not sure this info has any basis behind it, but common sense dictates that if the 2.0 FSI engine is effectively replacing the old 1.8, then if Audi were to produce an S3 (and I'm not sure this has been confirmed) then a turbo version of the 2.0 FSI engine would be an obvious choice, with a turbo version of the 3.2 V6 in the RS3 (assuming that's going to be made)..............

Sidicks