R8 price list - oh my...

Merlot

I already knew that things like cruise, sat nav, phone etc were extra (shouldn't be but are) but the full price list reveals that METALLIC, heated front seats, parking sensors and folding/auto dipping mirrors are extra.

Despite the screen being in situ, they want £1800 for sat nav+ and electric seats at £830 exclude memory (not available and enough to make me cancel on its own). Whilst xenons are standard, adaptive light is not available and there is no sideguard.

I've just specced up a manual car at £82.5k without extra leather, carbonfibre etc. This is a joke...what are you trying to do Audi? Must cancel my order.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...and if you want extra leather, carbon, the B&O sound system and the alcantara headlining (which is nice on top end motors) you are talking about another £9k.

Therefore a well specced up R Tronic is pushing the doors on £100k. I really do feel that the RS4 is a bargain.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh dear, at which point a 997 starts to look good value....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's what I'm starting to think - 997C4S. I know that the Porsche will have poor standard kit too but its going to come in less than the R8, effectively has guaranteed residuals which are not too mileage dependent and has room for two or three kids rather than one.

I really feel at £85-95k typical transaction prices for the R8, people should be getting the V10.

What a shame, shows you exactly what the price for exclusivity is.

Pity most buyers in that price bracket probably rate performance / handling over exclusivity / kudos. smashfreakB.gif

Nevermind, good news for us second hand buyers, they should also drop like a stone, much like the S6 for example and RS4 to an extent. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

...and if you want extra leather, carbon, the B&O sound system and the alcantara headlining (which is nice on top end motors) you are talking about another £9k.

Therefore a well specced up R Tronic is pushing the doors on £100k. I really do feel that the RS4 is a bargain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember saying this not long ago, RS4 avant "Bargan", R8 foget it: Secondhand next year another "Bargan" 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oh dear, at which point a 997 starts to look good value....

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutly!!.. i couldn't agree more. The 997 beats it hands down on every level.. looks, feel, speed, desirabiltiy, second-hand residuals, history.. the list goes on and on.

Anyone who pays £100,000 for an R8 needs their head looking at.

If , and it's a very big if, i was going to buy one, i would by a limited spec 4.2V8. Because when you come to sell, the toys will be worth nothing.

[ QUOTE ]

Despite the screen being in situ, they want £1800 for sat nav+

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just the fact that the screen's there; RNS-E is an all-in-one unit design for FM/MW/LW/CD/MP3 audio and navigation, with only TV, voice command and phone integration requiring additional hardware. So, it's very likely that somewhere inside the R8 is the guts of an RNS-E with all the hardware required to make Navigation work, except that Audi disable it so they can charge £1800 to re-enable it.

It would be a bit more sensibly priced at £80k for the V8 with Navigation, Bose, reversing camera, alcantara headlining and Xenon Plus with adaptive light, IMHO.

[ QUOTE ]

I've ordered the v8 dave. with sat nav etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Jon,

I have to say i think you're a brave man.

I think the car will be good, very good in fact.. but the price does worry me. Add into that the fact that everything comes as an extra and i really do think that Audi are fleecing their best customers.

As mentioned above, for the money you could get a new 997, which in my book at least, beats it hands down in every area, except maybe one.. and that's looks.

[ QUOTE ]

I know of someone who has just specced his R8 to £97k this week.... EEK2.GIFsuicide.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonkers!

But i do get it. Great performance, stylish looks and all the luxuries. When you think an SL55 costs £105k no options, even at £100k the R8 looks and interesting alternative. I think id rather have one than a 997 Turbo. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I know of someone who has just specced his R8 to £97k this week.... EEK2.GIFsuicide.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonkers!

But i do get it. Great performance, stylish looks and all the luxuries. When you think an SL55 costs £105k no options, even at £100k the R8 looks and interesting alternative. I think id rather have one than a 997 Turbo. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, and an SL55 drops £50-60k in two years.

The problem I have is that I really want one, have done for a while and ordered one way back. If my spec began with a £6 then fine but at £83k (and not even an R Tronic) I just think I will get trousered.

If I decide to keep it 5+ years then its not an issue but if I keep it <2 years then I'm not sure. God, why did Audi get so greedy.

It would be nice to see some GFV when available.

[ QUOTE ]

Merlot why dont you just go for a proper sports car and get a 911 any model will be ok and if your spending the same amount your going to spend on R8 look at the choice you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 997C4S Coupe is tempting but so is a new TTR2 3.2 and a second hand D3 S8.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Merlot why dont you just go for a proper sports car and get a 911 any model will be ok and if your spending the same amount your going to spend on R8 look at the choice you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 997C4S Coupe is tempting but so is a new TTR2 3.2 and a second hand D3 S8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget the 997C4S, the C2S is where it's at ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Forget the 997C4S, the C2S is where it's at ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with a C4S !!!

The more I look into the options list, the harder it is to justify replacing my 911 with an R8.

My ideal spec for the R8 is over £90k, and what I'd consider a minimum spec is around £85k, and that is much more than I paid for my heavily specced C4S, which I'm over the moon with.

The other thing about the 911 is that I don't worry about leaving it at the station for 14 hours a day, every day. I'm not sure the R8 can do that role so well, although no doubt it will be reliable.

If it had been the 5.2 V10 at that price, then I think the comparison with the 911 C4S would have been more favourable, as the 'pace per pound' would have been a league above and more like 911 Turbo performance.

I think I've decided to defer my deposit onto the V10 and see how the market takes to the R8.

Will hope to get a test drive in the V8 soon, and in the meantime will carry on enjoying the C4S, despite what Gareth says !! beerchug.gif!

Sidicks