Best car you've ever driven

Mouse

Well I'm only 20 so not had too much of an opportunity to drive many amazing cars, but have done a few

Mk5 Golf GTI - Surprisingly, I got the test drive before my Dad. Was blown away by whole package. Great fun to drive

Impreza WRX - Not an STI but still 5.8 to 60. Acceleration was just insane, and that's a slow Scooby!

Seat

Motorbike engine single seat race car - Went to Knockhill and drove this little beast. Never had so much fun in my life. 14k rev limiter :-D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

impreza wrx sti was pretty nice...

abmittedly not driven much as im only ickle...

but i did like the range rover vogue or sport cant member which one it was, did some off roading in that... and dads old S4 4.2

vx220... though didnt get to drive it far...

oooooh best vehicle ive driven has got to be a TANK!

• 2 weeks later...

Can I go for a truck here? driven plenty of cars all of which were either crap or good but not worth mentioning...

but the most fun thing to drive was a gritting lorry (volvo) tatty old peice of crap with no power steering, crap brakes - (not that it mattered on the ice) and the ability to keep this loon grinning constantly driving about shedding salt at rediculous times of the morning.

I havent been able to do that for over 6 years now and miss it frown.gif

ugritter1.jpg

I drive some pretty serious hardware for my current employer (think High Luxury sector...), but my favourites are:

1. Early Mk2 Golf GTI without power steering and fitted with Pirelli tyres. No wet grip, little dry grip but the most faithful, chuckable, throttle-adjustable FWD chassis I've yet experienced.

2. My ex-MoD Series III Land Rover 3/4-tonne pickup with raised and stiffened suspension (from new) and Goodyear Xtra Grip (ha ha ha) crossplies fitted. No roll. No comfort. More of a helm than a driving position. Noisy, wayward, oversteery, challenging at speed, in the lap of the gods on wet tarmac... but the best driving experience so far, bar none :-)

• 3 weeks later...

As a driver I would have to say a 2003 Impreza WRX Turbo. Not the quickest Scooby by any stretch of the imagination, but still very rapid for someone coming from a line of learner driver 1.0 hatchbacks!

I have been lucky enough to passenger in some very serious cars over the past few years, but now I just need to get over to the opposite seat and drive the feckers 169144-ok.gif

If 200 yards round a carpark and into a workshop without crashing counts, then a 550 Maranello. (Fortunately the seat was leather and therefore wipe-clean blush.gif ).

In terms of going out for a proper run, there's been a few favourites including a 205 1.9GTI, an Alfa 33 Cloverleaf (that was a LONG time ago! tongue.gif ), 2001 Impreza STi, my own lightly modded 1998 Impreza, Range Rover classic V8, Nissan 200SX (mine again - great oversteery fun grin.gif ), and a 24v Vx Senator (also mine). The current Legacy is porbably the most capable all round car I've driven, but some of the others were a bit more 'special' in their own strong points.

• 2 weeks later...

as i am only 16 and havent passed my drivers test yet. my dad has a bentley turbo r which is truly amazing to drive specially across open fields goin sideways while dads asleep

heheheh.

second has to be my mums car a audi a8 4.0l v8 tdi, also a truly amazing drive specially with the 4wd system which works wonders with sideway action lol

and third has to be my bros new model 56 reg mercedes S320l CDI which is the best i have to say but still not as good as the bentley.

seeya

• 2 weeks later...