Irish GTI options

JoeGTI

Hi all,

Long time lurker here from Ireland, big fan of the MKV GTI and hoping to place an order in next week or 2. Probably going for United grey (steel grey?), 3door, 18's, climate, armrest, ipod connection.

I'm just wondering if there are any other irish lads here who can shed some light on the GTI specs here. The dealers are clueless!! The guy I was dealing could seriously do with spending an hour reading the brochure.

I'm interested in getting the "highline" computer you are all a fan of. As far as I can tell, it is listed on volkswagen.ie and carzone.ie as a "Multi-function Indicator". Is this it? The price also seems to vary from €54 to €84, depending on where you look!

Anyone actually know for sure if this is the highline?

cheers lads, great site by the way.

Are you buying from a main dealer? Sounds like they are pretty much clueless ... !

Would be worth giving Motor Distributors on the Naas Road a phone call to check the Multi Function Indicator. Fairly sure it's the Highline, but it's the use of the word 'Indictor' that's throwing me ...

I didn't bother specc'ing it for mine - which is false economy as I've just paid the upgrade price to have the anti-hijack feature installed which I believe the MFD would have allowed me to do for free (if I had the damn thing!)

Fresco - yes its a main dealers. They haven't a clue on specs, I'm literally telling them their job! How these guys get into sales in 1st place is beyond me...

Looking at the specs again myself, it looks like it could be the highline alright. The base spec 1.4 Golf lists the same option at €249, probably because the basic car doesn't even come with the basic midline computer. So by my reckoning, the €54 is to upgrade from mid to highline...

Hey Joe,

Welcome - As a fellow Irish MKV GTi owner I can tell you that I have the Highline Comp (but I have the multifunctions wheel). I know how you feel – trying to get any information from any dealer in this country is a joke.

I know the highline is standard in Ireland when you order the Multifunction Steering wheel. With the old multifunction wheel some of the options where put on the wiper stalk and the rest on the wheel, but with the new models (06 onwards) if you have the multifunction wheel all the functions are on the wheel. But if you just order the Highline on its own then all the functions are on the stalk.

AFAIK you can just order the highline Comp as a straight extra – but you need to ask the dealer to contact MDL/MSL (VW Importers) to get the option number for that extra. They have a lot more information on spec’s then the dealers.

If you have any questions or anything drop me a PM.

Cheers

JD

Thanks JD - I'm fairly sure that the €84 option listed in carzone is the one, but I'll probably get the dealer to verify with MDL to make sure. Is it possible for joe public to ring those guys and check?

The VW website is a joke, all over the place. They still list sunroof as optional/standard, depending where you look!

Welcome Joe

Afraid I can't help 'cos I don't have the highline myself.I think I asked when on the I was ordering mine and there was no mention of it on their list.(Probably because it was called a multi-function thingy !)

The guy I bought mine from didn't know about the cargo net under the rear shelf until I looked at it AND it was his own car !!

thanks fresco! The dealer had a tornado red on 18's ready for collection on the forecourt and it looked fantastic. I'd be sorely tempted. But the missus thinks grey is too dull and red is far too racy so blue is the happy medium!!! Can't wait now, I've never been so excited about a new car... I'm sure many of you know the feeling.

[ QUOTE ]

Can't wait now, I've never been so excited about a new car... I'm sure many of you know the feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gif

What on earth are you talking about!!?? Have you gone stark raving bonkers!!?? grin.gif

There's loads of info here on TSN to answer your questions and we'll ease your suffering won't we, lads the_finger.gifgrin.gif

• 1 month later...