Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatcat

Fords answer!

3 posts in this topic

Ford are about to release their 'new' TDCi 'sport'....

errr, it has , now let me see............. 17'' wheels, Zetec equipment levels (!), ABS and power windows, and the most inportant is it has 115bhp and 184lb of torque !!

Fords are selling the car on it's 'performance handling' abilities............ obviously not on power output then smashfreakB.gif

the cost is something like £15k (get a grip)

Now if Fords were to put a 150bhp lump in, we may be talking.

The TDCi will suit company car drivers though (plodders that they are).

While waiting for my Pug to be re-plated I was given Mondeo TDCi for about 2 weeks to keep me happy.

I was surprised by the pace of the 2.0 turbo but it wasn't until well out of earchot of the garage that I allowed my heavy right foot to do its worst. Boy does that car shift.The turbo kicks in nice and early and rockets you to over 100mph quick as a flash.

I even felt a little as though the turbo made the acceleration a bit rough, sort of all or nothing. Use it fully and brace yourself or else don't bother trying at all, there was no middle ground.

However, I had to investigate the performance, and on inspection the mondeo was actually packing 130bhp, can't remember the torque....

So hopefully if they bring out a mondeo version of the tdci-s it should pack the hallowed 150bhp you are looking for. jump.gif

I test drove 2 of these on my quest for a TDI

They're actually a pretty good car except in the power department. Handling on them is superb and it would leave an Audi/VW for dead. It unfortunately seems to have absolutely no torque and consequently feels nothing more than your standard repmobile frown.gif