Top Police Parking......

bazza_g

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For god sakes - its only a mother and child space.

They are fair game - I mean most of the silly tarts that take Tarquin and Chlamydia are usually in some oversized SUV and can't park.

I often use M&C spaces as they are normally empty when the pick up point is full!! buttcheeks.gif

This would be more of a 'crime' if it was a disabled space!! openfire.gif

Disabled spaces are a bit special, but M&C's no way, they are fair game for muppets who can't park, people who need to dash in for the lottery, fags or bread!

[ QUOTE ]

For god sakes - its only a mother and child space.

They are fair game - I mean most of the silly tarts that take Tarquin and Chlamydia are usually in some oversized SUV and can't park.

I often use M&C spaces as they are normally empty when the pick up point is full!! buttcheeks.gif

Disabled spaces are a bit special, but M&C's no way, they are fair game for muppets who can't park, people who need to dash in for the lottery, fags or bread!

[/ QUOTE ]

NONO3.GIF SHAME ON YOU ! NONO3.GIF

I can park our MK4 Golf in a normal space, but it is very handy to use a M&C space when your getting the little 'un out the car seat...

It fecks me off when inconsiderate basts use disabled and M&C spaces just because they are too lazy to walk another 20 yards.

[ QUOTE ]

It fecks me off when inconsiderate basts use disabled and M&C spaces just because they are too lazy to walk another 20 yards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree on disabled spaces but too often the M&C are just used by families who can not be arsed to park with the rest of us mortals. They should be "toddler" spaces only. If the child is old enough to get out of the car on his / her own then they should not be using these spaces.

Made me laugh a few weeks back when I took my Niece and Nephew (10 & 8) out for the day and they seemed to think these spaces were for their benefit!! How precious eh!!

I use neither by the way!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

crazy.gif You appear to have missed the point that mother and childrens spaces are there for a reason - so when sticking a kid in a childseat they can open the doors wide without hitting our pride and joys smashfreakB.gif

crazy.gif Anyone who uses a disabled space without a badge is clearly a tosser, whilst anyone who uses a M+C space because its 'fair game' is increasing the chance of my car getting dinked in the carpark smashfreakB.gif

I would rather not run the risk of having some chav do something to my car becasue i've parked in a mother and child space wihtout having my kids,

if you do just park there anyway you do run the risk of either just getting a mouth full of abuse or if they are really pissed off then doing damage to your pride and joy.

i've seen it happen plently of times. coffee.gif

You've all missed the point of M&C spaces...

The supermarkets marketing folk dreamt them up one afternoon - the loyalty that can be gained from making one sector of the market feel more 'wanted' than another will increase overall spend...

Its a well acknowledged fact in marketing that 'proper' M&C space users (those with loyalty cards and club membership, yep Tesco M&C club) will be very loyal to the brand and spend a small fortune on little Tarquin or Chlamydia when they get the gimme's after 3 seconds in the store - why do you think DVD's and CD's that appeal to nippers are right by the entry gates!

I don't park in M&C spaces, disabled spaces or the pick up point - I'm the sad anally retentive who parks at the furthest reaches of the car park even on the harshest of days, I only park in normal spaces when the wife is in tow!

I've even found a Tesco with a flat car park so the risk of trolley roll is reduced!!

Its a shame you lot didn't pick up on the humour in the post - but then thats the letdown of internet posting, even with smileys. You don't always 'get' what the person is getting at!

People parking in M&C spaces without children is one of my pet hates, when i pop down the local supermarket for a few bits and bog i have to walk past the M&C spaces and always look in the windows to see if they have child seats - if they dont i normally hang around outside and have a quite word with the owner when they return (not abusive, just a please dont park in M&C spaces if you dont have children type of thing) normally does the trick as they look all embarsed etc.

Although to be honest i never really thought about it until having my own children and trying to get them in and out of car seats in normal spaces between cars - its a nightmare trying not to mark mine or their cars - even carry a small piece of foam pipe insulation now to stick on my door when i open it for the little un's - i love my car that much smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

People parking in M&C spaces without children is one of my pet hates, when i pop down the local supermarket for a few bits and bog i have to walk past the M&C spaces and always look in the windows to see if they have child seats - if they dont i normally hang around outside and have a quite word with the owner when they return (not abusive, just a please dont park in M&C spaces if you dont have children type of thing) normally does the trick as they look all embarsed etc.

Although to be honest i never really thought about it until having my own children and trying to get them in and out of car seats in normal spaces between cars - its a nightmare trying not to mark mine or their cars - even carry a small piece of foam pipe insulation now to stick on my door when i open it for the little un's - i love my car that much smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do you think you are telling people off for parking in a M&C space?!?! I quite happily park in them if there's plenty available, if it's busy I won't though.

If you tried to tell me off for that, you'd get a not so polite 'get to feck'. 169144-ok.gif

Have to agree with Mills here...

If anyone told me I couldn't park where I wanted in what is effectively a public car park, they would have a few kindly words back, along the lines that Mills was thinking about!

You shouldn't set yourself up as some kind of parking nazi - you don't know who you'll come across. The store owns the car park, they designated the spaces, they can sort out who can and cannot use them.

To be honest, I don't think you'd find a supermarket manager who'd give two shits, as long as the people are shopping and spending.

[ QUOTE ]

You've all missed the point of M&C spaces...

The supermarkets marketing folk dreamt them up one afternoon - the loyalty that can be gained from making one sector of the market feel more 'wanted' than another will increase overall spend...

[/ QUOTE ]

crazy.gif whatever, but it still has the overall effect of reducing the chance of my car getting dinked by someone opening their fecking door stupidly to get their kid in a child seat.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't park in M&C spaces,

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif ok, but you understand my confusion when you say....

[ QUOTE ]

For god sakes - its only a mother and child space...I often use M&C spaces as they are normally empty

[/ QUOTE ]

smashfreakB.gif

Without being too controversial, On the issue of parking, I thought disabled people want to be treated equally as everyone else, why the special dispensation when parking then? Would it be fair of me to park in their special allocated spaces and be treated as 'equal'. Not that I have or will mind you. Just a thought

I only hope those who think it's fine to park in disabled bays for no other reason that it's close to the doors etc end up in a wheelchair one day or have to care for a disabled relative. Then you'll see just what they mean to those who use them.

Having had my father-in-law be confined to a wheelchair after a series of strokes I know only too well what those disabled spaces mean. They mean I can get the wheelchair out and he can open the door fully in order to help himself out of the car. How else can someone who is disabled get out of a car FFS? Ask them to squeeze themselves out of a 6" gap in the door to avoid dinking the next car along?

If I see people parking in them for no other reason than laziness (because that's what it is, lazy twats who can't be arsed to walk) I feel nothing but contempt for them and would quite happily tell them if they didn't like the sh1tty looks they get.