Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bazza_g

Top Police Parking......

71 posts in this topic

Actually it probably has the opposite result.

To make room for all the feckin M&C spaces, they make all the other spaces a few inches smaller... so those of us who park conscientiously have our doors banged more often! smashfreakB.gif

grin.gif When a supermarket adds M+C spaces I don't believe they repaint the entire carpark yelrotflmao.gif

grin.gif If a carpark is designed from the start to have M+C spaces then don't they just use the 'standard', albeit small, size space for the normal spaces?

grin.gif Minor flaw, but I've never let that deflect me from a rant before...

The US has it right.

I drive a normal sized car in a country of spaces designed for Corsas when I could be driving a normal sized car in a country of spaces designed for Hummers.

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Minor flaw, but I've never let that deflect me from a rant before...

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif keep up the good work jump.gif

BTW when I said that I use the disabled spaces all the time I should have said that I do have and am entitled to a disabled badge

......and before some smartarse says it, no it's not because of my weight. I have over 800 stitches in my right leg

[ QUOTE ]

I have over 800 stitches in my right leg

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif 800 - thats a lot of thread EEK2.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone that uses a P&C space that doesn't have a child, in a carseat, deserves a slap. slap.gif Furthermore, I mean one of these seats, not a booster.

CosyTotIsofixPrague(1074).jpg

Basically, once a child can walk unaided, then you use a normal space.

Anyone using a P&C space because they think it's fair game either doesn't have kids and therefore has no idea, or they've forgotten what it's like. openfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Way I see it, all the time my kid needs me to help em out of the car I'm worthy of using a car parking space. They need a P&C space way beyond the rear facing kids seat phase.

My son's 5 now and I still find it big hassle at times getting him into a set without beating the crap out of the car's paintwork next to me - especially if he's in a pita mood.

I think this is fair enough. I sometimes use M&C spaces as getting my three out of the car can be a bit of a palaver. No matter what size the space, I try to respect other people's property but accidents are inevitably more probable when you're stretching and manoeuvring awkward objects like children.

I also like the fact that I don't then have a long way to herd them to the shop entrance.

On the other hand, if MrsB is there too, we will usually not bother as we feel we can manage relatively easily and don't see much point in taking a space from someone who might need it more.

I agree wholeheartedly that it is inappropriate in instances such as two parents and one 8 year old and this is normally just laziness and selfishness IMO.

Interestingly, following on from comments above about the stores not really caring about enforcing the spaces, the Waitrose down the road from us has attendants who will stop people using reserved spaces inappropriately. 169144-ok.gif

What pees me off is when I'm parking in a M+C (Mung & Child!!) space and trying to get my two out into their buggies etc...

Then, someone with a disabled badge will come along and have a go: "Why are you parked in a disabled bay you *£*£^$?".

I've had this at least three times so far. I park legitimately in a M+C space and someone with a blue badge comes along thinking it's a disabled spot.

I even had one t*sser who was convinced that the little graphic of a mother and a baby in a pushchair was infact a disabled person being pushed by their carer...

I pointed out the disabled bays but they were adamant one set of bays was for disabled people with a carer and the other set for disabled people who had travelled alone.

Makes you wonder if some individuals should be on the road.

[ QUOTE ]

Dont get me wrong, I would never park in a disabled space, but mother and child is a step too far for me. Most of the time I park in the far corner away from any possible door banging, often only to find some clown has parked 1cm away from me....

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably by someone who couldnt get into a M&C space that were filled up by lazy fekr.gif's

Im guessing the people who dont see the problem with parking in M&C or the point in having them dont have any children.

I was once sat in the local Sainsburys car park opposite a disabled bay. When I saw some Mercedes ML blah 4x4 blah with bling wheels etc etc come steaming into the disabled bay. My blood started to boil when this guy, who looked chavish behind the wheel with designer shades on etc, just sat there and his perfectly normal other half jumped out and ran to the back of the car to open the boot. Steam now starting to come out of my ears, when all of a sudden she wheels his racing wheelchair to the front of the car he jumps out and goes into the store blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

I learned from that not to judge to quickly !

I was a child once UHOH7.GIF and was taught how to get in and out of a car properly withing smashing the door into the car parked next to it. My parents taught me to respect other people's property too.

So if my parents managed to bring up 3 chidren and not have them ding another car and walk sensibly across the car park, then why can't parents today do it?

Well, I have no idea how old you are but it was only in 1989 that it became law for children to wear seatbelts in the back of a car. When I was little, noone had to wear seatbelts, babies went on laps and car seats were nowhere to be seen.

Naturally it was far easier for parents to get children in and out of cars.

I have the perfect answer. Shop online - no problems, no shopping headache, no missing of the footie, no getting hot up about people taking advantage of any situation to suit themselves and most of all no dings in your cars

[ QUOTE ]

I have the perfect answer. Shop online - no problems, no shopping headache, no missing of the footie, no getting hot up about people taking advantage of any situation to suit themselves and most of all no dings in your cars

[/ QUOTE ]

.......and all your food out of date the next day grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Without being too controversial, On the issue of parking, I thought disabled people want to be treated equally as everyone else, why the special dispensation when parking then? Would it be fair of me to park in their special allocated spaces and be treated as 'equal'. Not that I have or will mind you. Just a thought

[/ QUOTE ]

Not controversial, just completely ignorant. Please tell me you're joking and "thoughts" like that don't really go round your head?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

df18xm7.jpg