Thinking of this body mod...

RedRobin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Front splitter done! 169144-ok.gif

Looks better in the flesh than in pics because it's very low-key. A couple of Audi drivers (J_C and Bub) at last night's Windsor meet independently said: "Well, Robin, tell me what you've done" while they stood looking at the front of the car! It ain't no Corsa/Nova snow-plough!

Here's the first before and after pics:

RED_before.jpg

Still clean after about 100 miles into my 386 mile round trip.

RED_afterOSIR.jpg

Filthy after a night out with the TSN lads (and Lottie!).

The whole front now looks more 'aggressive' and OSIR have clearly considered how best to make their design look as if it was done by VW.

The surprise for me was the difference that having colour coded (Mk5 R32) sides make - Much better in the context of my rear valance - LeMan, you were so right when you (im)politely suggested it so many months ago! 169144-ok.gif

RED_OSIR_1.jpg

RED_OSIR_3.jpg

RED_OSIR_2.jpg

The centre section is black carbonfibre.

....Thanx guys (and gal!). At about 1.30am this morning I was about 10 miles from home on a B-road and a fox jumped out of the hedge, but immediately did a U-turn. For a moment I thought "Sh!t !! That's my front splitter well and truly wrecked!" I almost laughed as I thought it was inevitable.

169144-ok.gif

Red the car looks the great in the pictures and in the flesh, it was nice to hear them milteks at last and to get a demo in the redrobin mobile.........

Some realy nice cars at the meet last night and alot of friendly people, will go defintley go to a meet again!!!!!

Had a look at daz's audi and it is sweetttttttttttt!

169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

At the risk of sounding immodest, parked alongside the BMW CSL notworthy.gif and Porsche 996TT notworthy.gif, my GTI still looked like a performance car. Though obviously with nothing like the breathtaking performance of those two! If money was no object and I was a better driver, those two are probably my most favourite cars of all! The detailing on John's Porsche is immaculate and I think the CSL looks good from absolutely any angle.

I'd like to add that it's great to hear how you guys in my performance car 'peer group' approve of this mod. Obviously I do what pleases me before it pleases anyone else but generally you guys, especially the Audi drivers, have quite 'restrained' taste and don't tend to generally like body mods. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Front splitter done! 169144-ok.gif

Looks better in the flesh than in pics because it's very low-key. A couple of Audi drivers (J_C and Bub) at last night's Windsor meet independently said: "Well, Robin, tell me what you've done" while they stood looking at the front of the car! It ain't no Corsa/Nova snow-plough!

Still clean after about 100 miles into my 386 mile round trip.

RED_afterOSIR.jpg

The centre section is black carbonfibre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Robin, you know it was more like "I didn't know we were expexctin snow..............." grin.gif

Looks great and fits very well too. 169144-ok.gif

You GTi boys really do have your own little world down here though don't you? coffee.gif

BUB tongue.gifbeerchug.gif