Thinking of this body mod...

RedRobin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That front lip looks fantastic. My Gti is Red and I'd love to get my hands on one of these, but I'm in Ireland. Do OSIR have a website where one of these could be ordered or do any of the Irish lads here know where they could be purchased in Ireland??

Also, how much did the front lip cost?

Cheers.

Hi Leppy 169144-ok.gif.

The TTshop are OSIR's sole European agents/distributors and obviously would be very happy to ship you what you want. The parts are supplied primed and can be easily painted (use paint code in your handbook) and fitted by a competent bodyshop of your choice. I would suggest shipping direct to them.

As the OSIR web site shows, the supply consists of 2 paint-primed front sections with either a black-painted centre section or a carbonfibre centre (more expensive!). The whole package isn't cheap when you also consider painted Mk5 R32 sides. I'll PM you contact and cost info. 169144-ok.gif

I must take some 'distant' front pics - The OSIR front makes the car 'sit' extremely well; it looks well 'planted'.

• 1 month later...

beerchug.gif Cheers, guys. "low-key aggressive" is a nice term. In the next couple of weeks she'll have carbonfibre wing mirrors and 'nose mask' (U-shape around number plate and up to the red line grill surround). The intention being to have some tasteful carbonfibre bits. The 'nose mask' should visually tie in well with the cf on the splitter.

I just spotted that Mario Andretti quote, fresco....I've had a couple of separate moments like that recently but can't say I was pleased with myself! I had to drive purely on instinct.

169144-ok.gif

.... beerchug.gif

The plate has been on her since day one. Was just idly surfing the DVLA site a couple of weeks before delivery, spotted it available and thought why not, I'd only regret it if I passed up the opportunity. Not expensive being a lowly VeeDub and not an obvious plate. I've noticed that a lot of TSNers have some very cool plates.

169144-ok.gif

VW05 BLU would have been cool 169144-ok.gif. The very best reaction I've had was a little girl of about 6yo who pulled her mother's hand and pointed at my car (I was sat inside, parked) saying "Mummy, mummy! Look! That car says red and it is red". Mother smiled and said "Yes, dear, isn't that nice" [possibly thinking "What a plonker!" grin.gif]