2007 TMC disk

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I now have the new disk in my possession, anyone interested in an evaluation of the disk, you know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the 2007 disk (aside from TMC) make any changes to the user interace - as I guess that the disk has the O/S software as well as the map and TMC data on it?

It would be really great if the Nav route Waypoints show the ETA for the whole journey rather than just for the next Waypoint.....I live in hope!

[ QUOTE ]

unfortunately I cannot test it in the A8 for TMC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? In the A8? Aren't A8/A6/Q7 MMI discs different from RNS-E discs? I have never thought to try an RNS-E disc in the a8, but I assume it will just ignore it and ask for a navigation data disc...

Have you got TMC working on your A8? It's OK, but the RAC data set only covers motorways and some trunk roads, so it does tend to blindly send you off on A roads that are just as congested as the ones it does know about. I don't know if RAC Trafficmaster are upgrading the network or what, it seems ot have been static for a while as far as I can see.

I meant I cannot test the disk in my A8 for functionality as it is MMI and these are RNS-E disks.

I hav tested the disk for upgrading units and checking software revisions etc.

MMI & RNS-E disks are completely different.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

unfortunately I cannot test it in the A8 for TMC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? In the A8? Aren't A8/A6/Q7 MMI discs different from RNS-E discs? I have never thought to try an RNS-E disc in the a8, but I assume it will just ignore it and ask for a navigation data disc...

Have you got TMC working on your A8? It's OK, but the RAC data set only covers motorways and some trunk roads, so it does tend to blindly send you off on A roads that are just as congested as the ones it does know about. I don't know if RAC Trafficmaster are upgrading the network or what, it seems ot have been static for a while as far as I can see.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

MMI & RNS-E disks are completely different.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought! Just for one second, the way you worded the pervious post made me think that either Audi had somehow managed to make a disc that worked in both systems (now there's a thought; if they're just different file names on an ISO9660 filesystem, I wonder if it's possible as long as space allows?), or you'd had a bit too much Christmas cheer! beerchug.gifgrin.gif

No PIN required here - RS6 aftermarket installation.

Jus one word of warning - I put the DVD in and paused slightly before pushing the door-close button. I panicked slightly when the door stopped part open. However, the update did continue as expected - it seems that all functions cease (except that the CD continued playing) whilst the update is in progress.

[ QUOTE ]

No PIN required here - RS6 aftermarket installation.

Jus one word of warning - I put the DVD in and paused slightly before pushing the door-close button. I panicked slightly when the door stopped part open. However, the update did continue as expected - it seems that all functions cease (except that the CD continued playing) whilst the update is in progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter, the system will lock everything during an upgrade, I have noticed this before.