2007 TMC disk

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, comes up with a Updating Software message and a progress bar. Seems to get to the 10% mark and then hangs around for a while doing nothing, then leaps up to the end and restarts. Restarts automatically and then carries out it's second set of updates (which I don't think had a progress bar don't remember seeing it?) and shuts down. At this point you need to restart the RNS-E yourself and bingo, TMC enabled.

Mine started doing the update before I had chance to put the screen back to normal position. The screen closed itself on the first (automatic) reboot.

So I don't think it matters whether the screen is open or closed.

At times the update bar just sits there for quite some time (a couple of minutes maybe) - just long enough for you to start thinking "this has gone wrong". But it's behaved that way on every update I've ever done.

Updated mine without problems or asking for a code. Like above it did 2 stages of update then I had to manually restart the unit and everything was working fine. It did seem to take a while for the initial update to eventually finish (about 5 mins ish)but all was well.

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]

You can set up the 2 timers for to get TMC for up to 2 hours before you get in the car in the morning and evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two timers are for VOICE traffic announcements (TA/TP) on the FM station you left the RNS-E tuned to when you turned it off, not for TMC.

They worked even with very old software from 2004 (0050).

I also got the new disk's and installed them OK. My issue now is that I have never recieved any TMC messages. That may be due to my location (NE Scotland) but the TMC light comes on when I start the car , but goes off after about a minute, then stays crossed off for about 15 mins. I am thinking that the TMC does not cover my area, except the major road, but saying that even that at times has roadworks. Either that of I need to tune something different. Any help guys?

cheers

[ QUOTE ]

I also got the new disk's and installed them OK. My issue now is that I have never recieved any TMC messages. That may be due to my location (NE Scotland) but the TMC light comes on when I start the car , but goes off after about a minute, then stays crossed off for about 15 mins. I am thinking that the TMC does not cover my area, except the major road, but saying that even that at times has roadworks. Either that of I need to tune something different. Any help guys?

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Had the same problem - it seems to be down to poor local radio station coverage - my TMC doesn't work in and around my office area, but is just fine at home and having tried it on the A1 south at the weekend it works fine. It may be worth verifying which stations it has on the setup menu.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Had the same problem - it seems to be down to poor local radio station coverage - my TMC doesn't work in and around my office area, but is just fine at home and having tried it on the A1 south at the weekend it works fine. It may be worth verifying which stations it has on the setup menu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Radio coverage is only part of the issue (it is transmitted on the Classic FM frequency) - the way TMC works is based on statistical data from vehicles that are actually travelling on the same roads you are. Eddie Stobart trucks, National Express coaches and AA patrol vehicles all transmit data back (+ lots of other high mileage vehicle users as well).

It is worth having a read up on the background of RDS-TMC which actually belongs to ITIS holdings: ITIS Holdings