Merlot

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

This will be the first 3 Series BMW to carry a V8; a 4,0-litre powerplant derived from the V10 doing service in the company’s M5 saloon and M6 coupé. It has been speculated that this unit will generate around 309 kW and be capable of powering the newcomer from standstill to 100 km/h in about five seconds on the way to an electronically-governed 250 km/h top whack. Although hard figures are thin on the ground at present, it has been rumoured that the new V8 will actually be more compact than the straight-six it replaces.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Spring '08 for the UK 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait until it comes out, because hopefully used RS4 prices will tumble down to a level that I can afford!! grin.gif

I really miss the traction of Quattro! crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pussy! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

the_finger.gifIt's soooo frustrating when you're booting it and the traction control keeps kicking in!! FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yup, but come the summer you'll be faster than everything down your favorite road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's really why I bought it, I knew it would be next to useless in this terrible weather. It's being put into my parent's garage tomorrow, and will only be used at weekends for a while.

Roll on the Summer......not that we get much here in Irelande de Paddy! crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Spring '08 for the UK 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait until it comes out, because hopefully used RS4 prices will tumble down to a level that I can afford!! grin.gif

I really miss the traction of Quattro! crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't have put it better myself! My current plan is to keep the CSL for up to a year whilst looking at B7 RS4 Avant prices. 169144-ok.gif

I think once you get used to the CSL you may change your mind, I will be totally honest and say I very nearly swapped the CSL for an RS4 avant after only 5 weeks of owning it, but as I am getting used to it realised I have made the right choice of sticking with it.

Gents - let's face it.....we all need an RS4 AND a CSL in a nice heated double garage to have the choice when we wake up in the morning......I'd use the RS4 for getting back up to Scotland at Christmas each year and on those delightful winter days and the CSL for summer and Le Mans... oh to dream.... ZZZ.gif

[ QUOTE ]

there's a couple of avants for sale at Guildford so I'm going for a test drive hopefully tomorrow as realistically I haven't had a go in one yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dangerous mate, I would never test drive another car so soon after forking out a fair whack of dough for the CSL.

Settle down, enjoy the CSL for a while before looking near anything else. I'm not going near another dealer until I've spent some time in the CSL over the Summer months! grin.gif

Then, I might try a Phantom Black RS4 saloon..... cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

there's a couple of avants for sale at Guildford so I'm going for a test drive hopefully tomorrow as realistically I haven't had a go in one yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dangerous mate, I would never test drive another car so soon after forking out a fair whack of dough for the CSL.

Settle down, enjoy the CSL for a while before looking near anything else. I'm not going near another dealer until I've spent some time in the CSL over the Summer months! grin.gif

Then, I might try a Phantom Black RS4 saloon..... cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, test drive it and get it out your system. They are 2 very different cars and you will always want one more than the other. Make up your mind and find out which it is - what I say! 169144-ok.gif

CSL is faster though. I have proof! 169144-ok.gif