• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

So....returning back on topic coffee.gif

How many on here are going to chop in their CSL for a new M3?

If the M3 comes out in 2008 (early) might be the right time to change znaika.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its too early for me to tell. As mine is 5th on the list, I think I will get a chance to have a go in one at Romans before I take delivery. Hopefully this will be before choose my spec. If I like it, ill choose a colour I like; if I dont I will either cancel the order or take it in a commercial spec...

I still don't get how anyone can take the plunge when...

1. We haven't even seen an 'official' picture

2. No-one has driven one

3. Its a year away before it'll hit these shores!

Puzzles me immensely. Commit to spending £50k on a car no-one has driven. It'll be good, sure, but good enough to decide upon without even seeing it or driving it? No thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

I still don't get how anyone can take the plunge when...

1. We haven't even seen an 'official' picture

2. No-one has driven one

3. Its a year away before it'll hit these shores!

Puzzles me immensely. Commit to spending £50k on a car no-one has driven. It'll be good, sure, but good enough to decide upon without even seeing it or driving it? No thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you mean, but going by the success of recent M Power cars, and nearly every M3 ever made, I'm sure the new one will be a resounding success too! 169144-ok.gif

I know there's the whole V8 versus straight 6 thing, but you are in a position to know how good BMW can make V8's!! grin.gif

I think the new 3-series coupe is lovely, and I reckon the M3 will be ten times nicer.

Oh I think the V8 will be lovely, no doubt about it - but it doesn't make a car a complete car.

See, I think back to the E36. That wasn't a good M3, no matter what sales figures might say. It was the worst in feedback and generally not a nice car to drive. The E30 and E46's were classics, no doubt about it.

I agree it is much more likely to be a very good car than a very bad car. It'll probably take the crown from the RS4 too (although thats subjective because one will be RWD and another AWD, so in a way they're different cars for different people, each of which will have their own merits - but we know how the motoring press will build up this silly 'battle'). All things that people seem to expect.

My point is though...without seeing one properly, or having even heard how one drives (never mind driving it themselves), how can anyone think of ordering one? Its personal choice and I know lots do it. I just couldn't.

[ QUOTE ]

Mills has got it spot on 169144-ok.gif

I'm no way near taking the "plunge" but given the success of recent M cars it's hardly going to be a poor car.

It's just banter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't put money down, but have written confirmation I will be 5th. However I think its reasonable to assume this will be a great car. It may even break the infamous 10 second barrier to 100! wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't put money down, but have written confirmation I will be 5th. However I think its reasonable to assume this will be a great car. It may even break the infamous 10 second barrier to 100! wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The M5 and M6 do it anywhere between 9.3 and 9.6, depending on who you believe. That being the case, I think you'll find the M3 will almost certainly do it in sub 10 seconds. Probably al almost identical time to its larger stabemates.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What is this new thing with V8 enignes is there something special about them, yes I do drive one but certainly did not buy car because engine was V8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noise. Its all about the noise.... 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes, most definately grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The M5 and M6 do it anywhere between 9.3 and 9.6, depending on who you believe. That being the case, I think you'll find the M3 will almost certainly do it in sub 10 seconds. Probably al almost identical time to its larger stabemates.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be surprised if the M3 manages those times. The Gallardo only manages about 9.8... Id expect 10 dead, maybe a bit less.... Certainly a 360 beater though grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What is this new thing with V8 enignes is there something special about them, yes I do drive one but certainly did not buy car because engine was V8.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason BMW are switching to V8's for the upcoming M3 is that there is nothing more to give from the 6 cylinder - want more power, you've got to add a couple of cylinders.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats far more logical, why not use turbos?

[/ QUOTE ]

Turobs offer a different sort of power to N/A engines. They have lag, boost and run out of steam earlier. What M will want to achieve is a responsive, quick revving, high revving - powerful engine.