Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Merlot

New M3 launch?

90 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

Thats far more logical, why not use turbos?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not part of the M ethos to use turbochargers

Interestingly the photos in Car magazine looked good on the profile but the rear shot was disappointing. I thought it looked like one of those MG saloons based on the Rover 400 saloon but with a big exhaust fitted.

I suspect that I will order mine in black to hide the lines a bit.

Merlot .. what aren't you ordering. confused.gifgrin.gif

You certainly have some money if you get them all. 169144-ok.gif

I'm not a fan of the new 3 series coupe! maybe it will look better in M3 form.

Gareth

Just finish putting the full spec on Dads 430 spider F1 Blk with red cant wait comes in MARCH. Are you selling the 599 my Dad might be intrested depending on the price. 169144-ok.gif

We're talking about the new M3 launch here, thanks for not going off topic.

[ QUOTE ]

Merlot .. what aren't you ordering. confused.gifgrin.gif

You certainly have some money if you get them all. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not all of them! I am really a Quattro person and there are so many fast Audis' coming out in the next year or two but I ordered the M3 three years ago and it might be worth a play for a while.

I've got four cars at the mo but am trying to only change one a year but it is hard!

FWIW the more expensive cars (think R8 and above) leave me nervous on price but the M3 should be on the limit of 'ok'.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

there's a couple of avants for sale at Guildford so I'm going for a test drive hopefully tomorrow as realistically I haven't had a go in one yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dangerous mate, I would never test drive another car so soon after forking out a fair whack of dough for the CSL.

Settle down, enjoy the CSL for a while before looking near anything else. I'm not going near another dealer until I've spent some time in the CSL over the Summer months! grin.gif

Then, I might try a Phantom Black RS4 saloon..... cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, test drive it and get it out your system. They are 2 very different cars and you will always want one more than the other. Make up your mind and find out which it is - what I say! 169144-ok.gif

CSL is faster though. I have proof! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Proof...you mean the video Clip of the Top Gear Series where the RS4 whooped the CSL around a track... ECLIPSe.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

there's a couple of avants for sale at Guildford so I'm going for a test drive hopefully tomorrow as realistically I haven't had a go in one yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dangerous mate, I would never test drive another car so soon after forking out a fair whack of dough for the CSL.

Settle down, enjoy the CSL for a while before looking near anything else. I'm not going near another dealer until I've spent some time in the CSL over the Summer months! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, test drive it and get it out your system. They are 2 very different cars and you will always want one more than the other. Make up your mind and find out which it is - what I say! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Proof...you mean the video Clip of the Top Gear Series where the RS4 whooped the CSL around a track... ECLIPSe.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll find that was the M3 CS which is completely different to a CSL. Less power and a lot more weight. CSL would destroy a RS4 around a track, and that is not an exaggeration.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Proof...you mean the video Clip of the Top Gear Series where the RS4 whooped the CSL areound a track... ECLIPSe.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean in 5th gear where the RS4 beat the CS not (L)? wink.gif

There is a drag race on www.revlovers.com with an RS4 estate and a CSL. On both runs up to very high speeds the CSL beats the RS4 by a considerable margin.

You have to sign up, but they have some really great vids on their... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't know the difference between an M3 CSL and an M3 CS!! tongue.gif

This is the same as the car that featured on Fifth Gear:

115376-1.jpg

This is an M3 CSL:

SNV31005.jpg

beerchug.gif