Dear Deirdre,

dazdot

Bloody hell. I have just read this thread from page 1 through to 10, I don't normally come into this section.

I just feel compelled to say something, but can only really echo the previous posts of the TSN community.

All the very best to you and your family.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Thought I had better update this thread. My mother passed away on January 2nd, she was then buried in the cemetery at the bottom of our road on January 10th. She got her final wish, which was to have her husband and 5 children with her (at home) when she passed away. Watching some one you love die of such a horrific disease (you have no idea how much I feckin hate cancer) has got to be one of the most traumatic experiences any one could go through.

No more pain, just the broken hearts that the family will carry with them.

3 years ago (almost to the day) Mum got admitted to hospital, she never came out and died on the table.

Time is a cure, but I'll never forget the positive image she had in life- no doubt it is the same for all.

Make sure you hug the old boy more often and keep up the family bond with your siblings.

Take care you have my sincere condolences and my absolute comprehension regarding the situation your in, time heals.

• 2 years later...

Well it's been a long time since I have posted on Tyresmoke. Just to keep you up to date, my Father died 8 weeks after my Mother. The inquest confirmed that it was lung cancer brought on by asbestos exposure 40 years previous.

My brother is still doing well and living life to the full, though a bone marrow transplant has not been ruled out if his condition worsens.

It takes some dealing with when you lose 2 loved ones in such a short space of time.

Nice to be back.

Well it's been a long time since I have posted on Tyresmoke. Just to keep you up to date, my Father died 8 weeks after my Mother. The inquest confirmed that it was lung cancer brought on by asbestos exposure 40 years previous.

My brother is still doing well and living life to the full, though a bone marrow transplant has not been ruled out if his condition worsens.

It takes some dealing with when you lose 2 loved ones in such a short space of time.

Nice to be back.

Nice to have you back, even if to update a sad story, I hope the sun is shining on you today and that all is well +++