319691024wd7.sized.jpg

319731024xc2.sized.jpg

319811024gp9.sized.jpg

319851024ee3.sized.jpg

318891024tf7.sized.jpg

319331024yq0.sized.jpg

319171024ox7.sized.jpg

319531024fs9.sized.jpg

The plastic louvre type sections are hideous on the R8 IMO, I would take the Lambo all day long.

Headlights of the R8 are fantastic though!

Wow!! I thought I liked the design of the R8, but it looks cheap next to the Gallardo, I would take the Lambo all day long too.

In fact that is the first time I have seen the Gallardo and thought how nice it looks, I think the looks were before its time.

[ QUOTE ]

The plastic louvre type sections are hideous on the R8 IMO, I would take the Lambo all day long.

Headlights of the R8 are fantastic though!

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, doesn't the Gallardo cost £40k more ?!

Sidicks

Not if you by one with a couple of K on the clock. Not much in it at all then!!!

Neither are my cup of tea. 430 anyday. But out the 2 it would be a tough one. That Lambo really dosent do much for me...

I'd take the Lambo too.

R8 will probably will look like a TT to non-Audi nuts.

hmm. im not in the position to buy either... but id def have the lambo. Just something about it.

The Lambo certainly dosent look as nice inside... Im intrested to know whats the better drive...?

jump.gif

My point exactly. In that respect id have the Lambo. i bet it would depreciate less from their too! They are both as flash as each other too IMO so I wouldn't let that be a factor in my decision making...

When did Lambo start putting glass covers over the engine? A far better option. Why didnt they do that from the start! smashfreakB.gif

Seeing them together like that shows up the VAG platform sharing! I wonder if it pees off Lambo owners?

Dunc

Great pics - but they just make the R8 look even more like an oversized version of the new TT and Chav's right - that's what most people will think it is. Next to the Lambo it just doesn't cut it - and yes lightly used Gallardo's can be had for the same money as a new R8 - and the Gallardo of course has the V10 engine that the R8 should have!

r8 will be getting the V10 after anoth 10-12 months but at a higher price of course.

id still have the lambo

[ QUOTE ]

wopps the engine cover on the lambo has always been an option, but a pricey one

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, so its not standard. You have to pay for it?!! Thats a bloody con! Even Ferrari make that standard! sportifs2.gif

They also charge you £800 for some badges though coffee.gif

Try 1400! Yep they are both stupid, but for some reason I could justify it more on the Fezza than I could the Lambo (audi). Maybe simply because I know it will keep its value better! yelrotflmao.gif

also no one has mention the reason why lambos depreciate so fast. The cost of keeping them running. New clutch 4k, front pads and disks 2.2k. even a ferrari is remotely econmoical to run compared to that.

[ QUOTE ]

also no one has mention the reason why lambos depreciate so fast. The cost of keeping them running. New clutch 4k, front pads and disks 2.2k. even a ferrari is remotely economical to run compared to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats if it works though Jon. You could keep a Lambo as your everyday car. The Ferrari I wouldn't risk. Put a drop to much oil in, that a towing and car away for a week job. We have had door not locking, batterys going dead. Air con stopping working you name it. The lambo, from what I have heard is a solid piece of kit. Just no way near as fun IMO...

I do use a ferrari as an everyday car, but then I am single. Just need a moustache like tom selecks now.

[ QUOTE ]

also no one has mention the reason why lambos depreciate so fast. The cost of keeping them running. New clutch 4k, front pads and disks 2.2k. even a ferrari is remotely econmoical to run compared to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be interesting to see how the R8 stacks up for servicing. They are offering it on long life servicing but how long will the clutch last on R Tronic?

[ QUOTE ]

I do use a ferrari as an everyday car, but then I am single. Just need a moustache like tom selecks now.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit of an aside Jon, but do you know who will be selling the RHD Hummers' due this year?