FOA Pete/Trev/Rich

Snail

[ QUOTE ]

Guys,

with sooo many people turning to the dark side these days, should we get an advertising deal with the diesel making companys, as we seem to be doing a damn fine sales job grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'right y'know, we may be onto something, the trends seems to be the petrol heads are dropping their filthy petrol burning lumps and embracing the diesel phenomenum with open arms......

People are actually waking up - HELLO !

Latest one to smell the diesel is Daz........

Can't remember anyone migrating over to the heavy polluters from the darkside... beerchug.gif

now, whats the number for Millers ices_blah.gif

We knew it would happen one day. smile.gif

Pity Gaunty went the other way, but he'll be back one day, when the lure of the torque gets to him.

I was out on the motorway in daytime today, for the first time in a while, and every A4 I passed was a 1.9Tdi, with only one Quattro amongst them. It would be interesting to know exactly what percentage of A4's that Audi sell new are 1.9 TDi's (and A3's for that matter, but I don't see as many A3 1.9 TDi's).

[ QUOTE ]

I might be using the light stuff but my heart is still black, don't fear I'll be back someday. I quite fancy the new A3 2.0 TDi, its a stunner!

Petrol is sh1t, I hate the way you have to torture your engine to get any speed out of the bloody things.

[/ QUOTE ]

beerchug.gif a true convert!!!

[ QUOTE ]

We knew it would happen one day. smile.gif

I was out on the motorway in daytime today, for the first time in a while, and every A4 I passed was a 1.9Tdi, with only one Quattro amongst them. It would be interesting to know exactly what percentage of A4's that Audi sell new are 1.9 TDi's (and A3's for that matter, but I don't see as many A3 1.9 TDi's).

[/ QUOTE ]

On my daily round trip, most if not all A4'a are Tdi's very few quattros about, I may spot the odd 1.8T in the slow lane.... jump.gif

Of the A3's, I see a few Tdi's and hardly a quattro amongst 'em and these all seem to be fairly new one's either 02 or 03's.

Quite a few Ming blues though frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Petrol is sh1t, I hate the way you have to torture your engine to get any speed out of the bloody things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Torture? In what way? I have to rev the A2 higher to get speed than I do with the RS! smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In the way that you have to spin it to over 5000 RPM before it gets a move on, that's how. The 1.9TDi developed useful power at anything more than tickover, and it never sounded like it was being thrashed even if it was. Either a diesel or a V8 petrol for me from now on.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Torture? In what way? I have to rev the A2 higher to get speed than I do with the RS! smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In the way that you have to spin it to over 5000 RPM before it gets a move on, that's how.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... the RS6 seems to move pretty well without getting anywhere near 5k!

[ QUOTE ]

a V8 petrol for me from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're talking - as long as it has a couple of turbos!

I gather that GauntyLass would rather like to be chauffeured around in an RS6! smile.gifsekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You seem to know more about this subject than me Snail, is there anything you want to admit to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have insite, as my GF is only a year or 2 older, and drools every time she see's a nova/corsa/saxo/etc, with stupid wheels and dodgy spoilers! smashfreakB.gif