MK4 Prices. I might be selling up.

belperandy

Might be putting the R up for sale so just wondered if anyone who has sold / bought one recently could give me a rough idea of what I should expect to get.

The car is a Jan 04 Reflex Silver 3dr in Excellent condition.

Has warranty till end of Jan. I have just had 4 new PS2 tyres about 100 miles ago.

Extras are Satnav, Cruise and Full Leather. Mileage is 22K

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cheers Mook, that sounds fair to me. I will put it in the classifieds at £16.5K.

Only reason I asked is that when I looked in the classifieds some looked like they had gone for 15750 and overs were being advertised at over 17K

alternatively if anyone spots it on here give me a PM if you are interested.

[ QUOTE ]

Might be putting the R up for sale so just wondered if anyone who has sold / bought one recently could give me a rough idea of what I should expect to get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same boat. I'm seriously thinking about selling mine as at the moment it's my only car; I don't think it would make sense to start clocking up serious miles in it, considering it's only done 12,500 now.

It seems to be a bit of a minefield, as far as guessing a fair price goes. I had a look on the Autotrader, and anything much below 20k miles seems to be up at £18k (ish). I can't imagine that a private seller is going to get much over £16k, to be honest, but how do you guess what's reasonable?

It is an absolute minefield.

The trade in offers are awful – I was recently told (by a family member who works in the trade no less) that in reality, one like mine, an 03 plate with 33k on the clock and basic spec, but full VWSH and new tyres, discs and pads would only fetch between £11.5k and £12.5k …

But, VW has 03 plate cars with 30K miles up for £16 - £17k. And that boils my blood. Even if they had to change my clutch (which is still an unknown at the moment) they wouldn’t even have to spend £1k on my car to make it absolutely tip top.

I sometimes wonder about selling mine privately – being honest about the problems it has given / is giving and saying £14,750 to the person brave enough!

Well I have also recently been looking into trade-in prices and I have been told the following by a mate of mine in the business - based on an 03 car with 41k miles and full leather currently books at £14k.

Mine has done 28k but has had a few owners so with both these factors taken into consideration I have been told I would be looking at £14k.

However, I also got a part ex. quote from a BMW dealer and without seeing the car they are saying £13k ("maybe a bit more if its in excellent condition")

This info tallies up as I was told by a VW dealer back in September that mine books at just over £14k trade in (mileage etc taken into consideration)