flintybob

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

If they want to shift those kind of numbers they need to improve their customer service/after sales by about 100%!

[/ QUOTE ]

....I think that depends very much on the individual dealer. VW Loders is exceptionally good - I could report a long list of excellent service and care beyond the call of duty. They swopped all my wheels around this morning free of charge (to put my less worn rear tyres on front). They're happy about my remap and mods - Even praising my AP Racing big brake kit! They allow me to park there whenever I'm going into town shopping etc etc etc 169144-ok.gif.

VW Loders of Dorchester notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If they want to shift those kind of numbers they need to improve their customer service/after sales by about 100%!

[/ QUOTE ]

....I think that depends very much on the individual dealer. VW Loders is exceptionally good - I could report a long list of excellent service and care beyond the call of duty. They swopped all my wheels around this morning free of charge (to put my less worn rear tyres on front). They're happy about my remap and mods - Even praising my AP Racing big brake kit! They allow me to park there whenever I'm going into town shopping etc etc etc 169144-ok.gif.

VW Loders of Dorchester notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I may take the time to go and see them rather than Poole when the time comes.

Spoke to my local dealer today. Yes he's fully aware of the RSi and has seen pictures of the car, admittedly taken some distance from the car so it is difficult to pick out all the detail. The car photographed is Candy White. I asked him about engines - he's tending towards the R36 engine, same as the Passat but he admits he's not sure if this is the case. He also mentioned that it might not be the RSi when it eventually appears, apparently VW have a history of changing their minds on model names just before launch (he cited the Bora/Jetta name).

Anyway, I'm first on his list, they will get 2 cars this year with the first one appearing in September. He guessed the base price at £27k but he hasn't seen the base spec so that was a pure guess.

This will never happen the dealers just want your money. The 3.2 V6 is due to be dropped soon so they cant call it and R32. Bet it has a 260 BHP 2.0TFSI engine sekret.gif

They wont let it upstage the S3 just like the S3 cant upstage the TT, even if it does BUT when the 2.0TFSI Quattro 280 BHP TT comes out then bowdown.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

This will never happen the dealers just want your money. The 3.2 V6 is due to be dropped soon so they cant call it and R32. Bet it has a 260 BHP 2.0TFSI engine sekret.gif

They wont let it upstage the S3 just like the S3 cant upstage the TT, even if it does BUT when the 2.0TFSI Quattro 280 BHP TT comes out then bowdown.gif

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Not going to argue because I think its all open to guesswork at the moment - sales guy admitted he's not sure of the powerplant. As for the money - it costs me nowt until I decide if I want the car and I always have the option to say "No".

[ QUOTE ]

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Your talking dung.gif and I suspect it's mainly to do with having a very nice squeaky new S3- Sour grapes or what.

Audi = Brand A

VW= Brand B

VW are in real dung.gif regarding profits and scandals in Germany. Your living in a dream world if you think that just because the A3 S derivative is the top performance motor (at the moment) in the A3 range that VW wouldn't dare usurp it in the Golf range.

Total boll0cks

If we applied that across WAG Co's then why will the new LCR be more of a performance car than the VW Golf GTi and several thousand pounds cheaper?

The TT base will be under S3 spec, the middle motor the same S3 engine- doesn't that shoot down your suggested remarks on the S3 v TT brand performance grin.gif

You seem to talk sense when in the A3 section, why you chose to suggest this speculative tripe here in the R32 section is beyond me tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Your talking dung.gif and I suspect it's mainly to do with having a very nice squeaky new S3- Sour grapes or what.

Audi = Brand A

VW= Brand B

VW are in real dung.gif regarding profits and scandals in Germany. Your living in a dream world if you think that just because the A3 S derivative is the top performance motor (at the moment) in the A3 range that VW wouldn't dare usurp it in the Golf range.

Total boll0cks

If we applied that across WAG Co's then why will the new LCR be more of a performance car than the VW Golf GTi and several thousand pounds cheaper?

The TT base will be under S3 spec, the middle motor the same S3 engine- doesn't that shoot down your suggested remarks on the S3 v TT brand performance grin.gif

You seem to talk sense when in the A3 section, why you chose to suggest this speculative tripe here in the R32 section is beyond me tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Time will tell my feathered friend sekret.gif169144-ok.gif

I dont do tripe just being honest, stop being so defensive of you brand B car tongue.gifslap.gif

Sour grapes, not me game on to the VAG cars. I could of gone for the R32 but didn't, doesnt mean the S3 is better sekret.gif just my preference 169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No, I'm fully up to speed but wasn't aware I'd been demoted in the pecking order !!! yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are on top of the R36 list UHOH7.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure that your interest is logged with VWUK, like mine, so this will help coax them into making a RHD 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No, I'm fully up to speed but wasn't aware I'd been demoted in the pecking order !!! yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are on top of the R36 list UHOH7.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure that your interest is logged with VWUK, like mine, so this will help coax them into making a RHD 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean the Golf RSi/R36/feckin whatever, then they don't need coaxing - dealer assures me its happenin'.