S4 aftermarket wheel options (show me your wheels)

egoold

No sooner have i ordered my new S4 avant i am thinking of a 19" wheel ugrade, did a seach on the forum and the usual suspects of sportec, bbs, and mtm came up; all of which i think are great. however i came across these on ebay 19" bbs is there any way of telling if they are genuine? and what do people think of them?

Wheel_RS891_00.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree the Bimoto's are excellent however always been a huge fan of BBS cross-spokes. Would love LM's but just can't justify the expense. I like to do the whole OEM+ look on cars so certainly the MTM bimotot's would favour that look. I had 19" BBS CH's on my TTR which looked brilliant just want to try something different this time.

I have to say I am not keen on BBS wheels on the S4 (other than the LM's). The Sportec Mono's look quite good (P_G_ has them I believe). How about som RS4 replicas?

The OEM wheels do look very good though, I would stick with them and see how you like them before changing for something else 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say I am not keen on BBS wheels on the S4 (other than the LM's). The Sportec Mono's look quite good (P_G_ has them I believe).

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have the 19" Sportec Monos in Chrome Silver. I'll post pics later when I get home.

Like Sam I'm not a great BBS fan, plus fear the cleaning of them! EEK2.GIF

Do you have a B6 or B7? And do you have the new S4 alloys or the Avus III's. IMO the new split spokes are a nice wheel.

There might be someone on here who would do a swap + cash with you? Obviously, as yours is a new car you would expect like new wheels... Personally, I like the Avus III and would only consider the Bimoto/Sportec option if I was ever to change. I think that on a B6 the RS4 reps are a bit wannabe - different on a B7 though.

[ QUOTE ]

It will be a B7 and will be coming with the new split spoke wheels which i am not a fan of prefer the Avus III wheels.

[/ QUOTE ]

May be tempted to do a swap with you for Avus II's if you have a full size spare? What tyres do you have on them, Conti's?

The S4 B7 definitely has Avus III's. I thought that the Avus wheels on the B7 were the same as on the B6 but I haven't looked that closely.

Also I thought the ur-S4 amongst others had the original 16" Avus wheels which were of a different design to those on the B5 S4 which in turn are different to those on the B6/B7. Anyone got the definitive answer!

Will22 should know - he's owned them all 169144-ok.gif