For Sale:VW RCD500 Tuner / Multi CD Player

fresco1

[ QUOTE ]

How does it differ from the standard unit fitted to the GTI?

Is it multi CD within that unit or is there a separate multiplayer that goes in the armrest?

[/ QUOTE ]

The standard unit (RCD300) has a single slot CD, whereas the RCD500 can take 6 discs within the unit.

Believe this will fit any Mk5 Golf, so should not be GTI specific. It doesn't require a separate multi-play elsewhere in the car.

The actual one from my car has silver / chrome effect rotary knobs as opposed to this photo from the internet (will post actual photo when I get it back tomorrow).

[ QUOTE ]

I have a GTI, was just wondering what benefits I would get by upgrading. Is there a better amp in it or does it sound as poor as the standard unit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not heard the standard unit, so am probably not best placed to comment! I've been more than happy with the sound from this unit, I've heard comments for and against but as an audiophile I'd say it suited the car and the quality was spot on.

Main reason for me chosing the RCD500 in the first place was the built-in multi CD.

Reason for changing now is that Mrs. Fresco will be taking over the GTI shortly, and we're whacking in some satnav and a DVD stacker for the rear-seat ankle biters. Otherwise, I'd have been happy with this particular unit. 169144-ok.gif