A5 - ordered mine

Merlot

I've been debating what to buy next and have always liked coupes. The chance to have an Audi coupe is very compelling so I've ordered an A5. I'll probably go for the 350PS V8. Any specualtion on kerb weights (& performance), gearboxes, suspension options and fuel tank size (sorry its relevant living in the sticks)?

Anyway, I expect the A5 to get pretty hot after its released at Geneva in a few weeks time so I decided to stick my neck out now as dealers will probably not have many for 07 delivery and if you waited to understand more on the TTC, you couldn't get one for ages.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

It will be interesting to see how the RS5 compares to the E92 M3, presumably it will be the main M3 competitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's got the 40:60 split, with 420bhp and doesn't ride so hard that your shopping is liquidised, then i would be interested.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It will be interesting to see how the RS5 compares to the E92 M3, presumably it will be the main M3 competitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's got the 40:60 split, with 420bhp and doesn't ride so hard that your shopping is liquidised, then i would be interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumour is the S5 will get the 420BHP lump. The 350BHP FSI will be badged A5 4.2. The RS5 will get even more power (V10 anyone?)

I'm not going to be in the 4.2 league! Hopefully they will put a tuned 2.0T engine in it. If it is around the 250bhp level that will do for me laugh.gif. Either that or the 3.0TDi. This was the car I was waiting for when I got my A3 back in March 2005. This car will have to last me three years and as there is talk of a baby at the moment in the Booster household, it needs to have a proper back seat.

[ QUOTE ]

I have herd that the 4.2TDI engine is going into this model, also RS5 is on the cards. FIREdevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think a car of that size could take the weight of the 4.2 Tdi? I seem to remember that it is 140kg heavier than the 4.2 petrol so the axle weight distribution would be very different.

[ QUOTE ]

It's got to be soon for the new A4 surely?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really soon I'd guess, run out goodies are being introduced and discounts of 12% are achievable. The current A4 is very long in the tooth in terms of its market sector (new 3 series, IS250 and C Class are all out now). When exactly did the B6 get introduced?

[ QUOTE ]

Is there a recently released car that you haven't ordered Merlot??? shocked.gif

An RS5 is the only one that would appeal to me, the rest will be soft 'estate agent' toys. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I run a few cars, hence the multiple orders.

I've got a TTR 2 coming in the Spring as I always like a convertible and I kept wondering why I had the R8 coming with only two seats, a silly price tag and performance which I wouldn't really use so I've switched the R8 order into an A5. That way I get two cars for the price of the R8.

Interestingly the 4.2 A5 is not being billed as an S5 which I find strange as it will be plenty fast enough for that status. It makes me wonder if they will do an S5 because if so, the RS5 would have to be 500bhp+ which is beginning to get silly. 350PS will do me.

All I have on order at the mo are the TTR, A5 and new M3 so not too silly.

[ QUOTE ]

How much detail did they go into for ordering or did they just take a deposit and contact you when it is ready for speccing.

Which dealer if you don't mind me asking?

[/ QUOTE ]

No deposit yet just LOI with an estimated delivery date. I would think all dealers would do this. I am sure that Iwill need to put down £1500 once the price list is out.

From what I'm hearing most dealers will ony get ten or so in 2007 so after the Geneva launch this car could sell out quickly. I read somewhere that UK launch is July but I'll wait for the 57 plate.