Post a pic of your car

Daz

• 1 month later...

Oops.  I forgot to post in here.

I bought a new (to me, it is used but with under 30k on it) car last week.

I now have a Mercedes ML320 CDI 4Matic with the 7G box and a load of gubbins and gizmos, none of which I have a clue what they do because it doesn't have a "Faux BMW" button.

Lovely car, 520Nm of torque from a 3 litre twin turbo and a nice sound too.  Black leather with dark grey alcantara wotsit. 

However, as you can see in this photo, I've not sold the 5 series.  It will be going though, eventually.  I sold the C70 to a mad Volvo fanatic and am looking for another car too.  Dunno what yet.  Not that it matters, because MrsMe keeps stealing the Merc.  I have done about 15 miles in it.  She's done about 200.  Typical.  

Quick picture prior to it being properly polished and waxed.  It looks much, much cleaner now but I can't be arsed taking photos in the dark...

ML.jpg

Edited by NewNiceMrMe
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

Oops.  I forgot to post in here.

I bought a new (to me, it is used but with under 30k on it) car last week.

I now have a Mercedes ML320 CDI 4Matic with the 7G box and a load of gubbins and gizmos, none of which I have a clue what they do because it doesn't have a "Faux BMW" button.

Lovely car, 520Nm of torque from a 3 litre twin turbo and a nice sound too.  Black leather with dark grey alcantara wotsit. 

However, as you can see in this photo, I've not sold the 5 series.  It will be going though, eventually.  I sold the C70 to a mad Volvo fanatic and am looking for another car too.  Dunno what yet.  Not that it matters, because MrsMe keeps stealing the Merc.  I have done about 15 miles in it.  She's done about 200.  Typical.  

Quick picture prior to it being properly polished and waxed.  It looks much, much cleaner now but I can't be arsed taking photos in the dark...

ML.jpg

How does the ML compare to your old X6? 

Obviously it's an X5 competitor but that was a big petrol powered car wasn't it. 

The X6 was the 40d M Sport.  The X5 before it was the 50i V8 Twin Turbo petrol (that was a monster).

The ML is very different.  It is a much more comfortable car than the X6 was but it would never begin to compete the the handling of the X5 or X6 (and the X6 was a stunningly good car for handling).

The ML is more of a cruising car than the X6.  The immediate responsiveness of the BMW 40d engine variant isn't there in the ML, but the smoothness of drive is and it is also a very quiet car by comparison.

We fancied a change too.  From an interior ergonomics perspective, the Mercedes is miles behind the BMW's.  Some people would say it is much nicer inside, but that is just those with a button-fest addiction in my opinion.  

It also fits into our long term plans - because they're relatively short term plans.  We will be semi-retired in 3 years and plan to move overseas, so cars that we know sell well, don't lose a great deal and are popular yet not two-a-penny, are something that appealed.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, E-bmw said:

OOPSY!

Glad you were ok, love the beating the steering wheel bit, as if to say "i should have caught that".

That's actually something I'm rather pleased with.  Watch the video carefully and slowly - you'll see that the opposite lock goes on before the nose moves sideways at all.  Clearly I felt something go underneath me* and reacted immediately.  Sadly it was a mechanical issue, not a driver issue (this time)...

*yes, fnar fnar...

5 hours ago, patently said:

And here's why I needed a new one... this is what happens when your diff mount breaks going through Eau Rouge at 115mph:

Bloody hell.  Did a little bit of poo come out?  Glad you are okay.  Surprised you didn't let go of the wheel as you didn't hit the wall?  That immediately reminded me of a Caterham video from 10+ ago, Jackals Forge, used to do some awesome videos in the days before Youtube where you had to actually download videos before you could play them!  :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQIhXrrk1_E

Edited by Ian_C

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • bison unpinned this topic