seaco

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

thats what i thought, hence not full time quattro. ok its better than full time FWD but pretty much a waste of money in my opinion. not to say im right or wrong though if you see my point

[/ QUOTE ]

But surely if the four wheel drive system only operates when it's needed then your getting the best of both worlds AWD when needed and better fuel economy when not?

Not this argument again ROLLEY~14.GIFtongue.gif

Haldex has been shown repeatedly to be a very good full time AWD system as far as I know albeit electronically controlled rather than mechanically.

It's a good system and works pretty well in my opinion.

Sod all difference between my S3 or RS4 in terms of traction.

[ QUOTE ]

Not this argument again ROLLEY~14.GIFtongue.gif

Haldex has been shown repeatedly to be a very good full time AWD system as far as I know albeit electronically controlled rather than mechanically.

It's a good system and works pretty well in my opinion.

Sod all difference between my S3 or RS4 in terms of traction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the above, the same thing is written every time someone mentions an A3 Quattro or S3, it's becoming very boring. SLEEP5.GIF

Why slag off someone else's car, especially when he's trying to sell it.

By the way, nice car and good luck with the sale. 169144-ok.gif

sorry mate these are forums for discussion try auto trader for pure sales. im not trying to stop him selling it and in any case theres more arguement here for it being good rather than bad, im just speaking from my own perspective and offered support in the sale. most people here like to comment on the car and besides this is just making it more visible if someone wants this car they wont listen to one or two's ideas about its options!

[ QUOTE ]

sorry mate these are forums for discussion try auto trader for pure sales.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is the sale section of the forum ROLLEY~14.GIF, so I for one think the debate on the pros/cons of his drive train should be moved to another section/thread. coffee.gif

Nice car mate 169144-ok.gif If I didn't already have a motor... If I hear of anyone looking for such a car, I'll point them in this direction. 169144-ok.gif Good luck with the sale.

BTW he came to my house the other day in a works 2 day old sportback S-line. It had a new style concert stereo thats double din which looked cool, but it also had a comprehensive DIS with lots more functions than other Audi models that I've seen before. A lot more functions than my old S4 had, and nearly as much as the fully functioned Touareg.

Is this on all Sportbacks and newer A3's or is this very new? as I don't remember it like that on the 3.2 S-line that I bought for my ex last year. confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It's been standard from models built since around July 2007 - not sure if the features can be turned on to be honest confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Nelson predicts the future! jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell! tongue.gif I've been making silly mistakes like this all day today confused.gif Perhaps I need an early night tonight grin.gif

Obviously meant 2006!

[ QUOTE ]

sorry mate these are forums for discussion try auto trader for pure sales. im not trying to stop him selling it and in any case theres more arguement here for it being good rather than bad, im just speaking from my own perspective and offered support in the sale. most people here like to comment on the car and besides this is just making it more visible if someone wants this car they wont listen to one or two's ideas about its options!

[/ QUOTE ]

Try General Cars or perhaps Audi Chat if you want to debate the merits of Torsen vs Haldex. Also, if you're going to knock someone's car they're trying to sell for no reason at all, then don't.

Finally, I completely disagree with you about the "shortcomings" of Haldex. See you in General Cars.

Back to the sale 169144-ok.gif