'05 (55) Golf GTI 3 Door For Sale.

s1brt

Just been looking around the autotrader site, and it is promising how good second hand prices are for a decent spec GTI. The combination of DSG, Leather and 18" Monza's are relatively rare and still asking for (not necessarily achieving) £19 000 ish for low mileage '05 examples. Mine will be up for sale in the next couple of months and I'm hoping that an even rarer combination of the above and Laser Blue will command a similar premium.

[ QUOTE ]

Just been looking around the autotrader site, and it is promising how good second hand prices are for a decent spec GTI. The combination of DSG, Leather and 18" Monza's are relatively rare and still asking for (not necessarily achieving) £19 000 ish for average mileage '05 examples. Mine will be up for sale in the next couple of months and I'm hoping that an even rarer combination of the above and Laser Blue will command a similar premium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Queue Snoopy

grim-reaper.jpg

grin.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Red, i'd love to see the day when you sell your car... up the driveway comes an excited 20yr old with a handfull of notes... he knocks on your door... and outsteps a Red Indian, flute in hand, offering him peace pipe and Pow Wow!

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif I would pay money for a grandstand seat grin.gif

back on the topic, every enthusiast, as well as wanting more from their cars, also wants to treat them right. I've lost count of the times Robin has mentioned SiBurt's mods - they've all been well thought out and done properly from the accounts I've read.

With or without the extras, it's a well looked after Golf GTI 169144-ok.gif

Excellent! A healthy debate on the merits of modifying cars. 169144-ok.gif

A big thanks to the guys who know me and my car for their positive comments! beerchug.gif

As Robin said, everything that I have tweaked on my GTI is fully reversible, generally the most expensive alternative and has been thoroughly researched before inserting my pin number!

The car is my daily driver which has not missed a beat in 20,000 miles, is run exclusively on Shell V Max and is valeted weekly. In conclusion, it is the genuine article! smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Just been looking around the autotrader site, and it is promising how good second hand prices are for a decent spec GTI. The combination of DSG, Leather and 18" Monza's are relatively rare and still asking for (not necessarily achieving) £19 000 ish for average mileage '05 examples. Mine will be up for sale in the next couple of months and I'm hoping that an even rarer combination of the above and Laser Blue will command a similar premium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Queue Snoopy

grim-reaper.jpg

grin.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

He can thank me for putting the prices up grin.gifyelrotflmao.gif

They were low until i kept telling everyone to buy used rather than new after we got ours then they have gone up quite abit.

Worth remembering though everyone, just because its advertised at that does not meen it will sell for that or that it will not be back in again in a few weeks for thousands less.

Whats keeping the advertised prices up is the silly prices dealers are offering in part ex's at the moment making people think thats what its worth.

[ QUOTE ]

Worth remembering though everyone, just because its advertised at that does not meen it will sell for that or that it will not be back in again in a few weeks for thousands less.

Whats keeping the advertised prices up is the silly prices dealers are offering in part ex's at the moment making people think thats what its worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

As detailed in a separate thread, I am selling my June 05 (MY06) black, DSG 18" GTI 20k miles. I have yet to advertise and I am confused about prices. I was thinking of about £17.5k is that too low or high?

How much are dealers offering on trade ins? can anybody help?

[ QUOTE ]

As detailed in a separate thread, I am selling my June 05 (MY06) black, DSG 18" GTI 20k miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leather or Satnav?

Without these, I would say that you are not far off. With these you could ask for another £1500 ish.

£17 500 - I would start asking for £18 000 if it is mint. You can always lower your asking price over time, but if you are looking for a quick sale it is a different story.

• 1 month later...