Le Mans 2007

DHA

Ahh..I'm feeling somewhat dazed and confused today.

Well, that all went by in a blur. Really seemed to go quicker than usual and I can't quite believe its over. Was great as ever but can't help thinking it wasn't a vintage. Most likely the hideous weather, perhaps the overkeen policing and increasingly corporate environment, maybe even the significantly worse Champagne tent. Not sure. Maybe I'm just miserable wink.gif Still, lots of great moments and lots to remember:

- The Testarossa being sick

- 997Turbovmaxingermanyallegedly.

- The unfortunate loss of our 78 Corvette, wiping out a bystanders M3 Cab. Backwards! No one was hurt smile.gif

- Flares

- Meeting up with everyone in the champagne tent was a joy as ever

- Flares

I've just realised I didn't meet Winton at the champagne tent - sorry about that. If I did and don't remember then sorry about that too!

Also Scotty and Pete I owe you 20 and 10 Euros respectively. I thought I was doing the right thing getting you to join our Champagne whip but that didn't work out as you had your own - sorry!

I can't remember much more right now.

Glad we left last night though (and got back on a eurotunnel an hour earlier than booked smile.gif ) as the others are having a mare today. Our support van went pop in Gace (torque converter apparently), the convoy is all split up and the classic 911 went pop on the M20! blush.gif

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

I've just realised I didn't meet Winton at the champagne tent - sorry about that. If I did and don't remember then sorry about that too!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cool Mollox - you were snaffled by Lagoo and Porter. Thought best to leave the celebrity chat to the professionals wink.gif

Looks like it was another ace year - good to hear that Gav continues to provide comedy for everyone. That's just his natural state, mind, he doesn't just pull it out for LM grin.gif

Really sorry that I missed it - Lagoo's pickup looks like a riot - did he get the swiming pool into the back for water cannon ammunition afterall!??

And where are the pics guys!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Mollox I agree on the non-vintage year. And what the hell are Hermes and Rolex shops doing in the circuit village???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know but after a large amount of champagne on Saturday morning I almost bought a Rolex blush.gif

Fortunately I resisted and got an Audi hat and t-shirt instead yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty M I doubt he would have recalled much if you had met him! tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Pics will be uploaded shortly 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, tbhey would be if I could add any into the LM07 Gallery!

Where's the 'add photo's' function?

[/stupidmode]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif ask gallery Stig what he's done with the "album action" menu in that album smashfreakB.gif

Mollox - 20Eu on the scale of the Champagne bills is neither here nor there....and I owe you for the T-shirt any way. To be honest I lost track of so many things it's not even a consideration. beerchug.gif

What a blinding trip! Not the preparation one should have for a motorbike test but I passed somehow anyway. I had to pop a load of pro-plus though. If I'd have been on the right chunnel train last night I'm not sure we'd have got back with me driving. I was struggling despite the consumption of a 4 pack of Red Bull on the drive back. Another two hours and someone else would have had to have driven....even without insurnace!

I had a brilliant time and thanks to all for making it so.

Also thanks for Dansky for leaving his plums in my fleece grin.gif

My (phone camera) photos will be posted soon sekret.gif

p.s. How comes we all spent more time waiting for the Lambo than for anyone else? Was the driver some sort of pussy? the_finger.gif

p.p.s. Lagoo needs sectioning! Absolutely wet through on his bike on the way down and still having fun! notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What a blinding trip! Not the preparation one should have for a motorbike test but I passed somehow anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one Scotty. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to stand up, this morning. Let alone get on a bike for 5 hours and then have a test. Congratulations bowdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Pah! It was just slower. tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe the S4 Cab went faster than the lambo the_finger.gif

But it sounded like the poor relation 169144-ok.gifnotworthy.gif

So many great memories 169144-ok.gif Def going to go next year 169144-ok.gif

Loretta... don't even think about it yelrotflmao.gif

The journey there saw me blow the cobwebs out of carters hair with the windows & roof down with 164 (km/h obviously) 169144-ok.gif indicated.

The french roads are made for driving, and even in the pouring rain the N138 was a great road 169144-ok.gif

The Audi pit-stop provided some welcome relief in the form of a buffet lunch (Carter... did you ever find the sandwich you nabbed?) and a massage, which took away the pain of having been awake far too much and driving too long lol.gif

Fatcat, Scotty -- Great company in the audi hospitality, and the comedy value was great notworthy.gif

Carter continued to eat like the world was going to end, and i think Fatcat drank at the same pace yelrotflmao.gif

We managed to get most of the way back with the roof down (torrential rain at Reading), and surprisingly one of the best moments of the trip was a spirited drive along one of my favourite backroads with the noise of the V8 + Milltek combo bouncing of the woods notworthy.gif

Loretta "mooing" was the funniest thing I have seen/heard for ages yelrotflmao.gif The frogs were all looking around like she was a nutter... oops i forgot she is yelrotflmao.gif

Next year Loretta get your car stickered up with TSN livery notworthy.gif

You didn't join the photo shoot with the R8 either smashfreakB.gif

What a great trip... 364 (ish) days and counting 169144-ok.gif