S5 and A5 at Geneva

mark88

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

"The S5 will not get the higher-revving 4.2 FSI from the RS 4 and R8, but other less-confirmable rumors suggest Audi could pull out a card or two not seen before for this engine, such as the Valve-lift technology shown in the Roadjet concept, to bump the 4.2 FSI's engine power to about 390 hp. "

Either way, if it's aimed at the 6 series, I'd most definitely take the A5/S5 for looks alone. Would need to drive one obviously.

[ QUOTE ]

"The S5 will not get the higher-revving 4.2 FSI from the RS 4 and R8, but other less-confirmable rumors suggest Audi could pull out a card or two not seen before for this engine, such as the Valve-lift technology shown in the Roadjet concept, to bump the 4.2 FSI's engine power to about 390 hp. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do Audi do this?

They have a perfectly good engine in RS4 guise.. it's already coming off the production line, and what do they want to do?.. modify it so it produces less power??

I just don't get them some time.

So you'll be down the pub with your mates.. "yea, I've got a S5."

mate: "So that's the same engine as the RS4"

You : " Sort, of.. etc etc"!

smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting.

Either way, if it's aimed at the 6 series, I'd most definitely take the A5/S5 for looks alone. Would need to drive one obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why badge this S5 when it's going to get only max 390BHP!!!!

It aint going out perform anything. confused.gif Using those engines, It will not get past the 6 series petrol V8 650i with that power, so cant see anything but a "Different look"

in it's favor and two rear seats which may be able to be used by adults. pengy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It aint going out perform anything. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It would outperform an S4, no?

Higher PS figures, lighter shell etc.

No one has said it's max figures either - remember, Audi haven't told us anything yet.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It aint going out perform anything. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It would outperform an S4, no?

Higher PS figures, lighter shell etc.

No one has said it's max figures either - remember, Audi haven't told us anything yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure,S4 may prove to be lighter and this same engine will be in it also. frown.gif

Why would they put the RS4 / R8 engine in the S5, it would make it a bargain. Surely thats what they would use as an RS5 ?

I think if they have put FSI and the valve tech onto the 4.2 and make it into an S5 that will be great for everyone. Power only slightly down on an RS4 for probably way less money (maybe not this is Audi), sounds good to me. 169144-ok.gif

I hope they update the rest of the engines as BMWs Direct injection engines have moved another couple of steps ahead of the standard Audi engines. crazy.gif

I just hope they don't go silly with the price. I don't mind paying £45k fully loaded incl sat nav, xenons, leather, metallic etc for an S5 but Audi have recently been overpricing some of their heavy metal. We will see!

Incidently if it was really the coupe version of the A6 then it would be called A7 so surely it is just the coupe version of the new A4?

I've looked at a 3.0Tdi A4 Avant to replace my S4 Avant but by the time I've got the spec up to what I like (memory leather seats etc) it was only about £5k cheaper than a new S4 Avant. I suppose it depends on different peoples' defintions of 'loaded' but I would see a FULLY loaded 3.0Tdi at near as damm it £40k.

I've got a sneaking feeling that the whilst the A5 is just creeping up on us quietly, its going to be very hot and a big hit for Audi. Indeed, if the S5 really pushes out 390PS and has aluminium construction then RS4 prices will take a hit. I'm all geared up for my S5 now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...