Anyone know if A4 seats are 'heated seat' ready ?

A4CabGirl

They won't have come with the heating element, and these aren't straightforward to fit. I'm not sure if the wiring loom for it will be in place either, although if you have electric lumbar, there are some wires there - just not sure how it connects.

Someone on here about a month ago was advised against trying this retro fit option. crazy.gif

i am in the middle of doing this, the seats,door cards,even the airbags, all straight forward,but there is no wiring for heated seats, i put mine into the auto sparks and you need a different climate control, the one with the heated seats but cant get the wiring sorted out to heat them, got a wiring diagram from audi upto the climate everything ok apart from the positive and neg into multiplug f will hopefully get to the bottom of this sometime this week, if u need to know anything i will do my best cheers aldo286

[ QUOTE ]

I've no idea if Audi are the same, but IIRC on Porsche's the heated seat elements were always built into the seats (as it was more cost effective to build one standard of seat) just weren't connected to anything if they hadn't been specc'd on the car when new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi definitely do NOT build in the heater elements into the seats of cars not specified with the heated seat option.

You have to have the seats taken apart, the elements inserted and the seta put back together again ... a job for a professional trimmer.

And then you need the new climate control panel (with the heated seat switches), and all the wiring (because none of that is there either).

Not a job for the faint hearted ...

I have the kufatec adapter (39 euro) and the climate control with seat heating switches (E-Bay.de) and have part no,s for the elements BUT there is a small section of wiring between the two heater pads and the kufatec loom which is proving very hard to identify (and duplicate or obtain)

The wiring installation looks to be straight forwards - as always with kufatec the harnes comes with all the required plugs and terminals.

If anyone has done/is doing this let me know.

Dave

Dave I'm just starting on this. The first thing for me is to fit the heating elements in the passenger seat if I arse that up, then I'll get a pro to complete the seats. Wiring and the new aircon module is not a problem, I've also got the Audi parts software and the workshop manuals, so if you need any info let me know. Have you tried stripping the seats yet?

Lee I've also got EKTa and the manuals and it "seems" straight forward. The elements come in 2 parts and are self adhesive - afaik they stick to the foam under the leather or material. The dis-assembly of the seat looks to be time consuming but not too difficult. The problem I have is the connecting cable between the 2 heat pads and the plug in the multiblock under the seats isnt listed as a separate part and no one seems to know if it comes with the pads. Rememeber that the pad elements are seat specific.

This is a must do for me as well so we need to make it work!

Regards

Dave

Yes it is. You can get the 3 plugs but not the wiring. I'm not partic confident making up harnesses. The kufatec harness has the correct green plug to fit into the block under the seat - the plug (7) above connects into that. Although not shown in EKTA the sports seats also have an extending seat pad for the front part of the seat.

Dave