Photo
- - - - -

scamera van - basingstoke this morning....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bazza_g

bazza_g

Clumsy Bastard with pipe & slippers

• Moderators
  • 19,532 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif could be a good thing the Boxster is up for sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smashfreakB.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Quite a possiblity that I've been done on the way into Basingstoke this morning by a mobile camera. The question is, was the van looking at me? Its tricky to explain but I was on the sliproad leaving the ringroad going to join the dual carraigeway that goes under Festival Place shopping centre (in case anyone is familiar).

The van was on the grass verge between the 2 lane sliproad and the dual carraigeway. The sliproad narrows to 1 lane just before joining - its also a tight bend.

As far as I know both the ringroad and the dual carraigeway I joing are NSL. Hopefully the van was concentrating on the dual carraigeway I was joining and not the sliproad as placing it on a blind(ish) bend is against what they state on their own website....

[ QUOTE ]
Transparency and openness are key objectives of the Partnership. All camera routes are clearly signed and cameras and mobile vehicles are highly visible. Activity and progress of the Partnership will be reported regularly to the public.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif also worth noting is that all the calibration certificates on their website are out of date, though thats probably more down to poor website management /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yelrotflmao.gif here

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif here's the pic of the scene - the red box is the camera van, it was situated so the camera were pointing at my direction to snap the front of my car as I came down the sliproad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

Posted Image

Attached Files

#2 drpellypo

drpellypo

Knobby

• Members
  • 6,965 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:44 PM

I suspect he was looking at the dual, rather than the slip, because on the slip, that's an illegal placement. They must be visible from a reasonable distance.

BMW X5 4.4

Skoda Fabia 1.9TDI

Blog

#3 DHA

DHA

De-Hethethetheth-Ah

• Members
  • 15,157 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:51 PM

Bazza I would be worried about keeping your car on the road..... your satnav tracking device shows some erratic course there.
block6gooner an Arsenal blog
Follow me on twitter

#4 shark_90

shark_90

Selachimorpha

• Members
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:58 PM

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yelrotflmao.gif

I think you'll be OK Baz
European vehicle Remapping and Diagnostics from Shark Performance
Tuning - Immobiliser deactivation - PIN/SKC retrieval - Key coding - DIS/Cruise retrofits - DPF removals
www.sharkperformance.co.uk - http://www.facebook....harkperformance

Take control of your tuning with the Self Tuning System from Shark Performance

#5 kite

kite

Can't Type Fast Enough

• Members
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:19 PM

Don't these things have to be legally parked.
B6 2.5 TDIQS leather/alcantara heated fronts,front and rear PDC,xenons, dipping rear view and wing mirrors, chilled glove box, cruise, interior lightpack, rear blinds,RNS-E, sunroof, storage pack, silver mirror caps,

#6 bazza_g

bazza_g

• Moderators
  • 19,532 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bazza I would be worried about keeping your car on the road..... your satnav tracking device shows some erratic course there.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think I did pretty well seeing as I was trying to shave and not spill my coffe at the same time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

#7 DHA

DHA

De-Hethethetheth-Ah

• Members
  • 15,157 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think I did pretty well seeing as I was trying to shave and not spill my coffe at the same time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh fair enough then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
block6gooner an Arsenal blog
Follow me on twitter

#8 Bounce

Bounce

N/A

• Members
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:01 PM

I've never seen that one before, i better watch out next time i'm around that area /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif
If you lend someone £20, and never see that person again; it was probably worth it.

#9 cranston_richard

cranston_richard

Citroen C1 GT

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:41 PM

good thing i dont drive my gti to work then.

#10 NunchukHamster

NunchukHamster

Saab 9-3 Aero

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

From that position, when I used to live in Basingstoke, they were always looking at the dual-carriageway, not the slip.

Don't see them there often, they normal hide on the way to Chineham, just before the roundabout full of red men holding hands (anyone who has seen it will know what I'm on about!)
Passat Sport Estate 1.8T - Revo to 207BHP www.tyresmoke.net
Volvo C70 Coupe T5 - MTE to 309BHP, Powerflex, Strut brace, JR Filter, Black grill www.t5d5.org

#11 bazza_g

bazza_g

• Moderators
  • 19,532 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif cheers - here's fingers crossed, I can't imagine I was doing more than 60mph, round the bend on the sliproad... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/UHOH7.GIF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

#12 UBM

UBM

Lamborghini Gallardo

• Members
  • 16,573 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

WHat's next then Bazza?

#13 bazza_g

bazza_g

• Moderators
  • 19,532 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WHat's next then Bazza?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif something that will save me money and not cost me a fortune in petrol+tyres..... read not as much fun as a Boxster from that description /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smashfreakB.gif

#14 UBM

UBM

Lamborghini Gallardo

• Members
  • 16,573 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:57 PM

Not a volvo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

#15 NunchukHamster

NunchukHamster

Saab 9-3 Aero

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:28 AM

What about a little white van with a camera in the back?
Passat Sport Estate 1.8T - Revo to 207BHP www.tyresmoke.net
Volvo C70 Coupe T5 - MTE to 309BHP, Powerflex, Strut brace, JR Filter, Black grill www.t5d5.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users