SATNAV manual MFD2 RNS DVD 1K0 035 198 C

SpiderMacK

Hi I have just joined tyresmoke and would appreciate some advice. I should get my new Gti MKV about mid March and have ordered via EBAY a VW MFD2 RNS DVD 1K0 035 198 C SAT NAV.It comes with DVD, security code and GPS antenna - 2 questions

1) Does anyone know where I can get a user manual or download a PDF ?

2)The car will have the standard bee sting antenna. To replace this with the supplied GPS antenna do I have to replace the existing cable ? I.E. Run in the cable supplied with the antenna Or can I use the existing cable from the beesting ?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Spider

[ QUOTE ]

How much do the OEM sat nav units go for on ebay these days? (I'm not being lazy, ebay is blocked at work).

Ta

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking for one the other day, but couldn't find any confused.gif

Mind you my ebay skills are dung.gif

If anyone knows of any nav units for sale I'd be interested to see the cost (£nearly two grand from VW EEK2.GIF)

Ariel lead is different iirc.

Install of the OEM satnav most people just add a generic ariel and hide it behind the dash, behind trim on the a-pillar etc.

Heres a guy on how to remove and refit the radio in the mk5 not quite what you need but not far off

http://www.crp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/GolfV/radio.htm

Also on the MKIV forum there is a guide by someone on how to do it.

Hi. I've recently bought a model 'B' (same as the 'C' but only the knobs are chrome) off ebay and installed it myself. It's very straightforward as long as you are careful about not scratching panels, etc. Here are a couple of links from the excellent 'UK-MKIVS' website (covers Mk5 as well):

Fitting of Sat Nav unit (can usually ignore the aerial connector trimming)

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/449033.aspx

Fitting of aerial (the clocks come out really easily )

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/784000.aspx

It helped me - hope it is of use to you all!

[ QUOTE ]

Hi a copy of the pdf would be much appreciated

Many thanks and hope you have a great wknd its Friday yipee

[/ QUOTE ]

....A Very Warm Welcome to Tyresmoke, Spider 169144-ok.gif. Hope you enjoy some tin sandwich this weekend! grin.gif - Sounds like an insult in the context of a car forum but you know it's a reference to your blues harp playing.

Edited by bazza_g
Email address removed at users request

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

PM Craigyb he's the fellow 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know the outcome please... coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No joy with Craigyb unf - says he's only doing Audis...

Have since found a couple on fleabay for £400-£500...what I really want to know though is total costs - =eg fitting (&who)/ gps antennae/ new cd stacker for the glovebox/ ipod cable etc...

any ideas? 169144-ok.gif

Folks,

I picked up a new manual from Ebay for £25. It arrived in a VW envelope - makes me think the gent who sold it may work for VW a garage etc. Anyhow he has loads of other VW manuals for sale. Prob a good wee earner for him. The local dealer also is trying to get a manual. So if it arrives I will have 2 and will sell 1 it on Ebay. Thanks 2 everyone for their help and advice. It was much appreciated.

Spider