335i coupe ... what a disappointment!

pile

Well my volvo warranty is coming to the end so im thinking of changing it to something a bit more sporty for work. Had in mind a used 335i manual Saloon/Touring ( difficult to find a used manual) or a 335D sport and if not a used RS4 is on the list( only if i could buy it at right money).

So i popped into my dealer and got talking and they had a 335iSE coupe fully loaded 8000 miles up for £34500 before knocking them down. Now first of all the outside looked boring ( it was in silver) even though it had 19" wheels and when i sat in it it didnt get any better, for some reason it didnt feel as sporty as the Le Mans blue335D sport Saloon i sat in earlier, i think this was more down to the fact that the coupe has those long doors where as the saloon felt snug and ready to go!

As for the drive yes the 335i does shift but it didnt sound very aggresive when pushed and with the auto it just felt very similar in performance with the DMS 535 i was running a few years back.

The dealer took me down the main road which was fine but when i got in i decided to go out on the back roads and it was a joke , the ride was awful and when the road got rough i found myself actually bouncing in the seat, i coundnt get the performance down due to this.

The strange thing is there are loads of coupe about for sale while its hard to find the saloon/touring so either people are waiting for the sport version of the coupe or there just not popular.

Went in the Audi dealer after and they had about 5/6 RS4's on the network all with under 10000 miles going for £45995 so i think i could pick up one for £43500 with a bit of luck.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RUN FLATS!!!!

I would not buy another BMW with run flats, I thought the 535d was alright until I tried one with real tyres on it, by the end of the week I had swapped for some Pirelli P Zero Neros.

Problem with the 3 series is there is no where for a spare, so mobility kit only.

It is a completely different car with run flats, although I agree on the looks, does nothing for me either in SE guise.

[ QUOTE ]

Well my volvo warranty is coming to the end so im thinking of changing it to something a bit more sporty for work. Had in mind a used 335i manual Saloon/Touring ( difficult to find a used manual) or a 335D sport and if not a used RS4 is on the list( only if i could buy it at right money).

So i popped into my dealer and got talking and they had a 335iSE coupe fully loaded 8000 miles up for £34500 before knocking them down. Now first of all the outside looked boring ( it was in silver) even though it had 19" wheels and when i sat in it it didnt get any better, for some reason it didnt feel as sporty as the Le Mans blue335D sport Saloon i sat in earlier, i think this was more down to the fact that the coupe has those long doors where as the saloon felt snug and ready to go!

As for the drive yes the 335i does shift but it didnt sound very aggresive when pushed and with the auto it just felt very similar in performance with the DMS 535 i was running a few years back.

The dealer took me down the main road which was fine but when i got in i decided to go out on the back roads and it was a joke , the ride was awful and when the road got rough i found myself actually bouncing in the seat, i coundnt get the performance down due to this.

The strange thing is there are loads of coupe about for sale while its hard to find the saloon/touring so either people are waiting for the sport version of the coupe or there just not popular.

Went in the Audi dealer after and they had about 5/6 RS4's on the network all with under 10000 miles going for £45995 so i think i could pick up one for £43500 with a bit of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am sorry, but you just cant compare a BMW SE model to a RS4!! smashfreakB.gif.. there are in a totally different league, if your looking for something sporty feeling, then the SE isnt the model, wait for the M3 to come out, as wasting 50k on a RS4 when the M3 is so close is crazy.

I am not saying the RS4 is bad, as i loveeee it, i do,. but at least wait to see what BMW side of the argument will be. £45/50K in money is a lot of money just for the sake of waiting a few more months.,

IMHO the M3 will pwn all!! ECLIPSe.gif

(and yes i would choose a 335 SE over a RS4) i prefer BMW!!..:)suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

er ........im not comparing a se v rs4~?

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you had the choice to buy a RS4 and wanting something sporty, why look at a SE model, and then say it doesnt feel sporty. . It's not meant to be, they are supposed to be comfort, the M sport which is due will be the one to test.

The idea was to try a 335i, its just that it came in the form of the coupe as it was the only version they had with that engine in. As for comfort this SE had sports suspension and 19" wheels which did nothing for comfort.

What im looking for is a fast comfortable car for work, im not trying to compare the 335i or SE model V RS4 its just that these cars are on my list of cars that tick whatim after .

Drive a 3 series sport with proper tyres, it is fantasic!

But there is no where to keep a spare. frown.gif

When you do serious mileage this is a real problem.

I would take the 335i/d M-sport over the RS4 all day long unless someone else was paying, but even then it would be a close call.

Alpina B3, using the 335i as a base and then who knows ??

Will find out at the launch in Geneva in a couple of weeks.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the 335i is the better car, and after a remap it will be something very special, but my sensible head would probably go with a 335d and remap that.

No details on the Alpina, spoke with them but they were keeping zipped. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not long left to wait I suppose as any body seen pictures of Msport 335 coupe or seen on dealer configurator?

I think I am going to order a 335d sport touring and tune it like mad, ant and pete are getting 360bhp and 750nm of tourque out of them.

I am just not getting on with the S4, took the RS4 out again today and it is just more of the same, yeah its good, but I know I would be bored of it in a month.

The 535d was awesome, once the runflat were off, and I sold it as it was at 40k miles so needed to go. The 1 series is a fantastic car, better than the S4 in many ways, ok not as fast, but more fun to drive, so I think the 335d is the one to go for.

So, who wants to buy a nice S4 avant?! smile.gif

Heres the thing Gizze , i didnt buy that 335i as just as i was going ahead i found two 330i M sport with more kit for £24850 each ( both sold though ) at main dealers and both 06 cars. In other words i was going to pay £9000 more for the turbos. They are going to drop fast if you buy new , too fast a drop in my book.

When you can go in and pick up a nice spec 335d/335i for £26000/£28000 then it would be a good buy until then it will just hurt!

[ QUOTE ]

They are going to drop fast if you buy new , too fast a drop in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

£4k+ discount without even trying on a 335i saloon, so with that as a base then the hit won't be nearly as bad than as for someone that just walks in and pays list.

At the moment I have the use of a 118d, 120d and a 1.8T s-line cab, so I have put an advert up for the S4.

I will bide my time and get this sold without selling at a silly price because I have seen the next best thing.

There was a nice dec 06 335d sport touring up for sale last week at £33k I think it was, had all the essentials on it and that would have been good, well bareable loss. But I think you are right, specced to a point where I would be happy to keep it 18 months the 335d/i sport touring comes out at £43k, £37800 after discount.

I would guess £5k would need to go into that car, then £450 a month and you would about get out and clear the finance after 12-18 months. If I could keep it for 36 months and leave £17k balloon it would be a nice car for £450 a month, but I can't see me doing that. frown.gif

So what you going to get?

christ i didnt know you could get discounts offf £4000+

Well ive sold my GT3 for more than what i paid for it which was nice, paid a big chunk of my mortgage off and decided to treat myself .

Theres only two cars on my list now .... 335d or 335i as like you i want something a bit more fun than the 5. The problem is the spec on the cars they have on the BMW site are poor, i want sunroof , top stereo etc....

Audi does nothing for me as i want to enjoy my drive and the only thing they have that ticks my box is the RS4 but 200 miles to the tank is just not for me these days unless i can pick one up really cheap.

Used M3 was another one but they are looking more and more dated by the day and the warranty has killed that idea.

Any ideas what a 335i would do to the gallon ?

Also my saloon came out at £42000 what do you think i should be aiming to pay for it ?