MK 5 GTI - 18" Monza alloy problem

Wolfsbait

Just a quick post...My 2006 GTI has the gorgeous 18" Monzas, but one of them has a strange 'hazing' on one of the spokes...it looks odd and I was wondering if anyone else had come across it? (I'll try to get a picture up later, but it looks dull and I wonder if it could be a warranty issue)

Any help gratefully received chaps. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just a quick post...My 2006 GTI has the gorgeous 18" Monzas, but one of them has a strange 'hazing' on one of the spokes...it looks odd and I was wondering if anyone else had come across it? (I'll try to get a picture up later, but it looks dull and I wonder if it could be a warranty issue)

Any help gratefully received chaps. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just had 2 replaced under warranty earlier this week no quastions asked cool.gif The milkyness is just the start of it and then it only gets worse.

If I were you I'd wait until all the salt is off the roads and get them replaced under warranty 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Does it look like a white milky type look?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it exactly...only on the one spoke at the moment

However, this is also a wheel that has shall we say 'kissed' a kerb in the past....do you think they'll still replace it under warranty?...the kerbing occured after the hazing...

As long as the kerb mark is far enough away from the hazing then they can't blame the kerb but unless they are a good dealer they will definently try to..... they may ask you to contribute to the new wheel which is probably fair enough given that you will be getting a perfect wheel to replace your damaged and corroded one...... I would still fight big time for a free replacment but your position is weakened by the fact that you damaged the wheel.

This will depend how nice your dealers are feeling towards you,if the wheel was otherwise in good condition there would be no problem,I had all 4 wheels replaced on my Golf GT Diesel 140.none of these wheels were curbed,they had corroded.

Hope they will for you as corroding will only get worse.

[ QUOTE ]

If I were you I'd wait until all the salt is off the roads and get them replaced under warranty 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif Its why mine are sitting in the garage. There not coming out with the roads as they are the salt kills this type of finished wheel from experience in the past.