AH101

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll see your 9/3 and raise you a 5/3!

I "only" have to wait 11 days, but even that seems like an eternity (and beyond).

Oh the pain and (anticipated) pleasure. I'm all for deferred rewards, but I just wish they were not quite so deferred....

Look at this way; there's a better chance of decent weather then. cool.gif

What have you decided on?

Not boring, I would say traditional, and silver (especially that version) shows off the form of the car. It makes it look like it's carved out of a single block of metal. I considered it (I think it looks great with red leather - but that's just me.......) but ended up going for black with anis leather simply for the reason that I've had a succession of silver and grey cars but never a black one. I'm sorta having second/third thoughts about the leather. I like the colour and think it's a great relief to the black paint, but don't think it looks that good against the other black trim/dash etc. The black looks like a more cohesive combo. Still, everything black would be too much.

Here's to some sleepless nights and some fun to come!

Good luck!

[ QUOTE ]

Nowt wrong with the Sport. The rides a tad softer than the S-lines which is no bad thing in the cab. Hard suspension makes it shudder a bit on rough surfaces whereas the softer suspension tends to just soak it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely. I do most of my (mega) mileage on motorways and A roads, so I needed a cruiser rather than a sports car. You are spot on with the ride. I'm in an SLine A3 2.0TDi at the moment until the big day and it feels like a go-cart some of the time - admittedly good fun, but very warring after a while. I don't reckon there will come a time in the sport where I'd think to myself......"I wish I had an SLine right now".

Anyways, I have the Ducati for the fun stuff wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Sharky, is tomorrow still collection day?

If it is, enjoy !!! smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope................

It's today!!!!

In fact, within the next two hours (ETA 12:00)

To say that I'm "looking forward to it a kittle bit" might not be entirely accurate.............)

I am fit to burst.

Being delivered to work - so a big audience...Ha!

Enjoy....first drive in front of an audience, no pressure smile.gif

I'm still scheduled to pick mine up this Friday however, this could slip as the DVLA seem to be very slow at the moment regarding a private plate transfer.....it could slip by 2 weeks crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Enjoy....first drive in front of an audience, no pressure smile.gif

I'm still scheduled to pick mine up this Friday however, this could slip as the DVLA seem to be very slow at the moment regarding a private plate transfer.....it could slip by 2 weeks crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have your patience!

If anybody dares to even break into a slight grin about me pulling away they will find a P45 waiting for them tomorrow wink.gif

Mind you, I will not be giving them any reason * * cough * * * * cough * *

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why is it late Sharky??

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the mystery. The delivery driver is not answering his mobile.

Doesn't he know how important and impatient I am??! smile.gif LOL.

* * sigh * *

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not looking good is it!! It's dark now!

Hope you fitted a Tracker Sharky!

Think you should just leave the delivery till tomorrow now! tongue.gif

Aha!

Yes, it was late, and.........I've been out playing smile.gifsmile.gif

I was very nearly tempted to sleep in it. The only reason I kept stpping driving was to get out and have a look at it. Pure perfection! I did 250 miles from when it was delivered at 1:00.

First impresions (remember, not driven a diesel before and first A4 cab too, so I was a virgin......err; better put novice).

It looked just fabulous just sitting there, slightly hunched forward and ready to GO. Glad I went for black - it really makes all the silver trim stand out and it just looks so solid and "dense" (to match its owner). I went for a de-badged one, which I think was wise. I'm not fond of graphics all over the shop and, it may just be me, but badges, especially coloured ones detracts from the overall design. When a car looks like that, any other embellishment is superfluous and over-eggs the pudding. The car just doesn't need it. So I'm glad I didn't go SLine too. The anis leather is....well..........bright! I don't know if this is just because it's new, or that is that. TBH I'm not too sure whether I like it or not. It does go well with the black, but not so with the internal brushed alu trim. I think it may grow on me and the smell and feel is outstanding.

The seats are SOOO comfortable. I keep sitting in them and thinking "perfect" only to find another adjustment which is even better. The lumber support is perfect for me. The support and lateral control is spot on. Are those little bits at the front of the seats that pull out actually called squabs? They're great for me as I have long legs and the thigh support is just so. The ipod connect thingy is a lot better than I anticipated - good solid fit and excellent sound. they did miss a trick with the display though - it's frustratng not being able to check a track or whatever on the DIS or the radio and it's not as though you can even look at the pod screen being where it is. Overall the sound of the BOSE is first rate. TBH I've usually just had bog standard audio in past cars, but reading this site convinced me to go the extra and get BOSE and I am very glad I did. The sound is great for me, and I really notice and appreciate the Gala adjustment (yup, I realise you are not suppose to notice it, but I was playing and listening to it closely) it really makes a difference. I can't believe how good the sound is even with the top down. Really top marks from me on the noise (and also, another tip from here was to leave all the settings to "zero" - I agree with this, it's the way to go I reckon). Another little point, and it is little, but..... the colour DIS makes all the difference and for 10 bob or whatever the cost it's a no-brainer.

I have also learned that putting the top up and down at lights makes children smile and startles old biddies.

Oh yeah; why is the sunglasses so small that you can't actually fit any sunglasses in it??! Eh?! I mean; driving a cab; requirement #1 is shades - and they need to have a home. I mean, I had an Alfa (stop chuckling at the back) and although there was nowhere for a bottle of water, there was a shades hole and a space which exactly fitted a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. The difference between Italy and Germany probably.

Still being careful for now with the right foot, but you can sense that the car doesn't care mucha bout all that and wants to take off and play. "Just" a 2.0TDi but very happily surprised with what I have done so far and obiously a lot more to come smile.gif Having to get used to a manual again, but the gears do feel rather vague at the moment, and not as precise as would have been hoped. This may be due to my ham-fistedness however. The clutch bite point seems very high, but again, this may just be me and can be cured easilyeven if it isn't my dodgy left foot.

The ride is exactly what I had hoped. I avoided the SLine as the A3 I was driving was a bit of a terror. I do mainly motorway miles and it sits solidly and the ride is really first class. The Sport (for me) is the perfect balance of handling and "sensibleness". General road/tyre/wind/etc noise is almost totaly absent with the top down. I don't know what the accoustic hood is like yet as I haven't put it yet! smile.gif

I must admit that the car noticably doesn't sit as low as a SLine, but IMHO that's not a particularly bad thing. Glad I went for the standard Sport 5 twin spoke wheels too. they look a lot better "in the metal" and are quietly understated and suit black very well. The mats are a bit cheap looking, but hey.....

Right, I'm just popping out for....errrr, something or other probably, I may be some time smile.gif