Best 37" TV LCD or Plasma

Valley_Boy

Guest PeterPiper

I've been there - see link from Ari, simple answer 6 weeks on, plasma every time and the Panasonic is simply breathtaking. But make sure you take Glizzie's advise. Job done............

So, in light of this price crash. What will be the next big thing in tvs that will make all the latest technology look second rate. Its almost moving so quick that renting a tv might be a better option. keep it for say 12 months, then when the new super idea is out chop it in and start again. Would it make sense?

Probably not, it would cost you £75-100 a month to rent a 50" and £45-75 to rent a 37 or 42" one.

You can buy a 37 or 42" for £800 use it for 18 months and easily get £400 for it, and you can now buy what is arguably the best 50" plasma for £1200, use that for 18 months and get £600 back for it at the very worst.

With SED screens still a good 2 or 3 years away and plasma still way ahead of LCD I don't think there has ever been a better time to buy, 37 and 42" have got to as low as they are going to it seems, around £800, new models just seem to get more features now.

Engineer came to see my New 37" Panny Plasma and agreed that it was buzzing too loud. Agreed to get it replaced. Rang Dixons tonight and no more stock. Discontinued. Refund or reselect.

What to do. I like the picture of the Panny but the buzzing has put me off. Whats the best LCD option? for the same price paid £900. 37 to 40" max size BTW

Simon don't do it mate!

I would get a refund and buy another one, the chances of getting two that have psu buzz are pretty slim.

Just read the hundreds of people who have gone through all the LCDs and ended up bregrudgingly trying a panny plasma, they all say the same thing "I wish I had tried it sooner"

I have done loads of demos of plasma vs lcd, and one brand vss another, and the one thing that stands out is this, straight out the box and with minor adjustments there isn't a great deal between any of them, but when you start to really set these things up the plasma wins everytime, and the panasonics always come out on top too.

I have had more than a dozen Pioneer owners come to mine and all of them bar one have swapped to Panasonic, and the only reason he hasn't is he can't afford to offload his screen and buy another, but he did talk his old man out of upgrading to the new Pioneer and go with Panny.

I am not trying to annoy any LCD owners out there, and hate posting stuff like this because it may come over as an opinion, but I have never heard anyone who has both screens say the LCD is better.

I owned the Samsung LCD in 32" form for around 2 weeks, then swapped it for the Panasonic 26LXD60, although this was better than the samsung, it couldn't even get close to the plasma for quality even though it was 1/4 of the size.

I agree. Have just bought a 37px60 from Empire Direct for £899 inc cabinent stand, largely based on comment found on TSN and gizze's general recommendation. It's top banana. very pleased. Was tempted to go for the 42 but decided it was just too big for my room. notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hey guys I called here this week (work related) they had a showroom in Burnley and the picture quality of these TV's was very good, look at the prices...

http://homecinema.timecomputers.com/

They actually build the TV's on site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Time went bust. They've been resurrected then

Good diversification, into a growing market.

After the bad press Time got with their Pc's, I wouldnt want to spend any money with them, least of all shell out on a big telly.

I will be sticking with main Brands when time comes.

Either a Panny Plasma, or a Sony LCD. Most likely the Panny.

I have had the Panny TH42-PW6 42" Plasma for just over 3 years and it's fantastic, i cannot fault it.

I'm going to upgrade to the TH50-PX600 this week, just always wanted the 50" but when i bought the 42" the 50" was over £7k.

I would definitely recommend the Pana Plasma's.

Jon.