VW Blue Dials, Love 'em or Hate 'em?

Gaunty

VW Blue Dash Pole  

1. 1. VW Blue Dash Pole

• Gaunty is a miserable bastard - I love the blue dials
    • Gaunty's a miserable bastard but I agree with him, the dials suck ass

I took a drive in a Passat and turned the lights on to be horrified by the brash blue illuminated dash. I said to the guy that was selling it that it looked like the designer had thrown up all over it, he said I was the only person he'd met that didn't like them.

So, I already know I'm a right miserable old bastard with no taste whatsoever. So how about a pole to decide for fun

jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

00.volkswagen.golf1.8t.guages.350.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it say "prno321" at the bottom of the Golf display Sven - was your Sat Nav TV tuned into some pr0n channel wink.gif

Oh, and for the record, I love the blue lights in the Golf. Don't find it any different (in terms of visibility/driveability) than the red ones in my A4.

[ QUOTE ]

Why does it say "prno321" at the bottom of the Golf display Sven - was your Sat Nav TV tuned into some pr0n channel

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif Just noticed that now... grin.gif

A Pron Golf... jump.gif

For the record, the blue lights DO look cool in a Golf. A mate has one and it looks great.

Thoug tests say red is THE color at night, which is why (professional) boats have red lights in the cabin. Same goes for planes I think (some of our pilot friends might know for sure).

But for our daily use it doesn't make that much of a difference I think. Love the red S8 dash though... smlove2.gif

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

Good to have you aboard mate, and as only the third member from Sheffield.

If you car is really yellow, I haven't seen it car around.

Got any pics that you could post in the Gallery ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll get some done when the weather holds out long enought to clean it properly. It's not bright yellow though, it's futura yellow, AKA Mustard AKA Gold, etc. Not modded though.

[ QUOTE ]

So what are the best places in Sheffield for parts/tyres/MOT's/etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got my last tyres from Challenger on Rutland Road - prices were pretty good (for Toyo's) and they seemed friendly enough (for tyre fitters). Prior to that I've normally used Hawley's on Sharrow Vale Road.

For parts and MOT's I usually use Gilders, although for smaller stuff, I have used VAG Parts as they come in a few quid cheaper than the dealership (but of course you have to fit it yourself or find a friendly mechanic).