Handbrake

PetrolDave

I've seen an interior picture on a US website of the centre console area, and alongside the obligatory US cupholders is ....nothing, no handbrake. confused.gif

Is this genuine? Will the A5/S5/RS5 (and maybe all B8 platform vehicles) not have a "proper" handbrake? sportifs2.gif

P.S. I did do a search on this forum for "handbrake" but it found no matches.

[ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, the electronic parking brake is standard across the whole range. I won't be surprised if this turns out to be the case on the next A4 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so, Idrove my mates RS4 for the day yesterday, that F*cking hand brake, how do you operate that with the arm rest in the way. suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The electronic handbrake (like A6, A8, Q7) is clearly visible to the left of the gear lever on the LHD snaps. They work best with an auto (you can set off with the handbrake on and it self unsets) but they can be very noisy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q7 has a foot operated mechanical 'handbrake'. I have had 2 cars with the electronic parking brake, and find it works really well.

[ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, the electronic parking brake is standard across the whole range. I won't be surprised if this turns out to be the case on the next A4 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bug..r!!! dung.gif

That's enough to make me think twice about a B8. I've had three M-Bs with their appalling apology for a handbrake and they were all complete pants. openfire.gif

Guess I'll have to give it a chance, but nothing less than a 24 hour test drive will convince me. 169144-ok.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm an electronics engineer and I love electronics - but ONLY where it adds something worthwhile.