brake upgrade

rob77

hello guys busy getting carried away with a few more mods to the car,what i want to know is this my 98 S8 is the model with the s**t brakes on,if i was to come across a later model(99-02)getting broke would the brembo units fit straight on?and were brembo brakes put on all the A8 range from 99 or just the S8.theres not much left to do to the car and good brakes would be nice. ROB 169144-ok.gif

Not sure but you will probably need brackets at the least but I can get them for you.

Maybe someone else here knows wheather they are a straight fit or not but with out looking I'd say that with brackets it would be a straight fit. You might also want to get some braded hoses, I have the MTM ones on mine front and back. Think they were around 100 euros but again could be wrong, I did get a good bang to the head last week frown.gif

I was taken by surprise when he put the RS6 disk next to my standard ones they looked like i had taken my disks from the wifes corsa.massive!he has given me the option of porche GT3 brakes which looked quite small suprisingly,porche cayanne 8 pot setup or RS6 jobbies what do you think? im tempted to stick with the RS6 they certainly look up to the task.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

RS4 and RS6 calipers are the same

[/ QUOTE ]

I though the brake line position was different between the RS4 and RS6 calipers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then, they are not the very same ROLLEY~14.GIFgrin.gif

What I meant was that they are both 8 pot and are the same in every OTHER way fekr.gif

Not sure whether this is a mad idea or not, but anyone running a D2 S8 (facelift) with standard front brakes fancy an upgrade?

My S8 is going to go back to Audi shortly. It has the MovIT big brake upgrade on it (new pads 2K ago and a disc skim done by APS that should provide another 10k of use).

Just thought there may be an oportunity for someone to get an upgrade on the (very) cheap and help revert my S8 back to OEM before it goes back.

Not sure how much work is involved. I could give APS a call to get a quote.

Any takers drop me a PM.

Cheers

Crash.