Advice on Sale Prices of GTI's

marco21

Hi all, just wanted some advice/info on the prices GTI Mk5's are going for these days. I am going to be selling mine in the next 4 weeks and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what sort of prices private/dealer prices would be. I have done quite a few miles in the motor (32k), which i would imagine would have an impact on the price i was to get, but it has the leather, 18's etc and is on a 05 plate. I was looking for approx 16k?? do you think this is reasonable or do you think this will never happen?!

There's a small article in this weeks autocar page 93 and with ref to their car a Jan 06 55 plate car White, 3 door, Sat Nav 14,562 to they indicate prob be able to secure more than 16 K from a VW Dealer as a trade in also to quote "The golf is one of the most depreciation resistant hot hatches arround. There are loads of 55 plate examples online the high side of £18.500 and although ours has no metalic paint and is the less desirable 3 door, we'd imagine a dealer would def ask more than £17.500 for it. Which means perhaps a private buy could be had for arround £17,000 perhaps even a bit less"