Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bazza_g

Boxster gone..... but not forgotten

6 posts in this topic

crazy.gif There's an empty parking space outside and it feels kind of strange - dropped off the Boxster to its new owner this afternoon - a fellow car nut, replacing his 12 year old 911 C4 169144-ok.gif

grin.gif Its been a trouble free, very fun 18 months and 28k miles together - driving around the UK, the trip to Le Mans etc - I will certainly miss this car - an incredible all-rounder, practical enough for sainsbury's shopping but endless fun hooning around in - power, handling, brakes all first class - I really can't reccomend this car enough to anyone else looking notworthy.gifheart.gifnotworthy.gif

grin.gif On the plus side my savings will take a healthy turn for the better - quite handy with wedding coming up in the summer jump.gif

grin.gif Off on holiday in the morning, good timing to take the edge of the pain - plenty of time to consider whats coming next but its more than likely going to have the letters TDI in it 169144-ok.gif

grin.gif RIP 987S - you will be missed notworthy.gif

It was a nice looking car so was bound to go. Enjoy your hols. 169144-ok.gif

Oh and think about a d in the next badge! wink.gif

I remember when I dropped my old RS4 off after selling it - I watched the 'old' chap drive off in it and I was just staring at it going up the road wondering whether I'd done the right thing when my Mrs sharply reminded me it was just a car! Women...

[ QUOTE ]

It was a nice looking car so was bound to go. Enjoy your hols. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you say that but it was on the market for nigh on 3 months (and I'm guessing Bazza didn't get what he was asking for it). For what are undoubtedly quality cars, they seem surprisingly hard to shift. I get the impression that the large majority of buyers want to go to a dealer and this means that the dealers offer less than generous sums for used cars as they hold most of the cards.

Totally agree, I have been having a little look at facelift 911's again and the difference between dealer price an private is quite amazing, around 25% more from a dealer, but people are obviously prepared to pay it.

I offered someone £37k on a 2002 C4S on the basis he would get the 111 point check done so I could take out the warranty. He said no problem as long as they could come out to his and do it, but he couldn't be bothered to take it to an OPC as he was busy! For £37k I would leave off work at 3pm one day and take it in for an hour. There was a really nice 03 Carrera and again the guy couldn't be bothered to get the check done, I think most buyers at this point would either say they can't be bothered to buy one or just say sod it and go through an OPC.