New Cupra Ordered!

Glovepup

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you guys knows. SCN have reported that the winter pack has been removed as an option for the cupra, this would of only been heated seats but you cant have that cos of the buckets and the heated jets come as standard I believe.

They have also made an annoucement about the spare wheel..

"Emergency Spare Wheel

From launch to week 11 all Leon Cupra will be supplied with an emergency tyre repair kit.

From week 11 all Leon Cupras will be supplied with a 18'' spacesaver spare wheel

18'' spacesaver spare wheels will be automatically issued for all Leon Cupras built before week 11 once stock has filtered down to the dealers."

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, forgot about this thread!

No, I've not ordered one yet, but it's pushed the A3/GTI off my Next-Car list. Currently it's now either the new TT, or the new Cupra. Totally different cars, so once I've tried the TT properly I'll make my mind up, but god damn the handling is very sharp in the Curpra. The TT is going to have to be very good to compete. 169144-ok.gif

Having said that, there is a £6k difference in the cars so will need to see how it all weighs up. We already have a Leon Sport so not sure if I want another Leon albeit a bit quicker.

Couple of things about ordering.

1st- Spare wheel is a can of tyre gunk, ask dealer to soak cost of a space saver spare

2nd- Sat nav is a big rip off

3rd- Absolutely no option on the seat material- leather isn't available (shame)

One of the things I was very happy about is the car weight, a reasonably trim 1375 kgs, compare with an S3 (at 1475 kgs), an R32 (at 1575 kgs) and the Golf GTi (at 1360 kgs).

So power to weight is better than the R32, better than the GTi (standard 205 PS) and within 3% of an S3.

Fuel economy is in the late 20's so again better than an r32 or an S3.

Tax banding at 199 CO2 fixes the Cupra at £210, as is the Golf. Not sure on the S3, but the R32 is top band at £400 for new ones.

Only issue is 2 wd over 4 wd

[ QUOTE ]

1st- Spare wheel is a can of tyre gunk, ask dealer to soak cost of a space saver spare

[/ QUOTE ]

As I previously posted:

Emergency Spare Wheel

From launch to week 11 all Leon Cupra will be supplied with an emergency tyre repair kit. From week 11 all Leon Cupras will be supplied with a 18'' spacesaver spare wheel

18'' spacesaver spare wheels will be automatically issued for all Leon Cupras built before week 11 once stock has filtered down to the dealers

I don't have an issue with the FWD aspect. The way the power is put down was mightily impressive and it handles much better than the GTI does.

Sat Nav looks good in the sense of breaking up all that plastic in the console, but I can't justify the price when TomTom is so much cheaper, although admittedly not as nice.

• 2 weeks later...