Ordered my 535D

Gangle

[ QUOTE ]

Cant lose really 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can, you will loose thousands in depreciation mate.

The 525d is the worse engine in the whole range mate. It is a nothing engine, if you buy that you are mad. Thos who want economy will buy a 520d manual, and those who want power will want the 535d or may consider a 530d, my mate is here who works at BMW and he said he has not got a single customer on his books looking for a 525d, has loads for 520d's and loads for 535d's.

I would just order a 535d m-sport from coast2coastcars.com and be done with it.

I can tell you now, the consumption on the cars is the same for all of them in auto mode, don't go by the official figures, they are done on a rolling road so do not take into account just how heavy these cars are, all it does is measure how much power it needs to move the road, not how much juice you use getting these cars going which is where they really drink it!

I can tell you now you will get the same economy from a 535d as you will a 525d, so don't buy it thinking you will save money on fuel.

I would just buy a 6 month old 535d for £35k and be done with it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Vehicle Details

Vehicle BMW 5-Series Saloon diesel SALOON 535d M Sport 4dr Auto

Factory Options Hi-fi loudspeaker system

High beam assistant

Sun protection glass

Heated front seats

Interior lights pack - 5 series

Media pack - 5 Series

Visibility pack - 5 Series

Metallic - Platinum grey

Dakota leather - Black

19" Double spoke alloy wheels - style 172

Space saver spare wheel

Additional Options

Basic Price £35212.77

Factory Options Price £5068.09

Discount £5639.32

Additional Options Price £0.00

Sub Total £34641.54

Manufacturer's Delivery Cost £503.83

Admin. Charge £300.00

VAT £6202.94

Road Fund Licence (12 months) £160.00

First Registration Fee £38.00

ON THE ROAD PRICE £41846.31

TOTAL SAVING £6273.70

Try here mate, think it works out at 13%. 169144-ok.gif

Dont let the dealer b*llsh*t you mate. sportifs2.gif

http://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/

[/ QUOTE ]

is this the facelift car, produced from this week?

Also what is the wait for delivery when via Coast to coast??

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Vehicle Details

Vehicle BMW 5-Series Saloon diesel SALOON 535d M Sport 4dr Auto

Factory Options Hi-fi loudspeaker system

High beam assistant

Sun protection glass

Heated front seats

Interior lights pack - 5 series

Media pack - 5 Series

Visibility pack - 5 Series

Metallic - Platinum grey

Dakota leather - Black

19" Double spoke alloy wheels - style 172

Space saver spare wheel

Additional Options

Basic Price £35212.77

Factory Options Price £5068.09

Discount £5639.32

Additional Options Price £0.00

Sub Total £34641.54

Manufacturer's Delivery Cost £503.83

Admin. Charge £300.00

VAT £6202.94

Road Fund Licence (12 months) £160.00

First Registration Fee £38.00

ON THE ROAD PRICE £41846.31

TOTAL SAVING £6273.70

Try here mate, think it works out at 13%. 169144-ok.gif

Dont let the dealer b*llsh*t you mate. sportifs2.gif

http://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/

[/ QUOTE ]

is this the facelift car, produced from this week?

Also what is the wait for delivery when via Coast to coast??

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be since its at the increased price. smile.gif

I cant see how the 525d is a nothing engine, it is a straight six turbocharged engine much the same as the 3.0, should behave much the same as the 3.0 especially with the extra 20 bhp. As the cars only roll out from the 24th I am sure none if any on this forum has driven one yet. Thank you for all your comments but I will be sticking with this engine now. please be happy for me

169144-ok.gif

We are happy for you mate, but you did ask and we all gave the same reply.

I didn't mean it is a nothing engine in that way, what I meant was it is the least desirable of the diesels, which it is. I am sure it will be great though. I would have still taken the 535d with only media and leather ticked. smile.gif

Granted before the facelift the 525d with 177bhp would have been the least desireable with only 14bhp over the 520d and wouldnt have got my cash, but I am sure the revised unit will become much more popular, it has the biggest gains of all the engine upgrades - fuel economy and power (% wise). We shall see. I am changing the exterior colour too, either the new equivalent of silver grey if the salesman can confirm or the safest choice of Black Sapphire, Am also losing the high beam assistant and adding high gloss shadowline and split fold seats.

Its getting better all the time! according to the BMW website, the 525d engine is now a 2993cc unit, essentially the same as the 530 and 535 block, obviously where the extra 20 bhp is coming from, can anybody confirm this or is it an error on website, there is no mention in LCI literature of cc and the LCI brochures are unavailable at present.

[ QUOTE ]

Granted before the facelift the 525d with 177bhp would have been the least desireable with only 14bhp over the 520d and wouldnt have got my cash, but I am sure the revised unit will become much more popular, it has the biggest gains of all the engine upgrades - fuel economy and power (% wise). We shall see. I am changing the exterior colour too, either the new equivalent of silver grey if the salesman can confirm or the safest choice of Black Sapphire, Am also losing the high beam assistant and adding high gloss shadowline and split fold seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Space grey is the replacement for the silver grey 169144-ok.gif

Tis a 3 litre engine think it has smaller turbo from 520d confused.gif

Giz is right about the 525d but if thats what you want then goodluck & enjoy. grin.gif

It doesn't matter how it drives, the fact is there are three 3.0 diesel engines in the range, the 535d is the most desirable, the 530d less so and the 525d even less so, doesn't matter how they drive.

Their is less than 1.5 mpg between the 535, 530 and the 525d so the 525d being more economical just doesn't work, on a rolling road maybe, but get it onto a real road and the extra bhp and torque will give the 530d more mpg, I guaruntee that.

I could get 35mpg on a long run with my 535d in stock form, when remapped I could get 38mpg doing that same run.

I am not trying to be an arse, I just think you should stop and think about this, if it were a company car then fair enough, but spending your own money the 525d doesn't make sense to me.

I have just received my revised invoice, and I am now paying 6k less, however I look at it in my circumstances I cant justify 6k more on an engine and only the engine!, the car is absolutely identical with the exception of lane departure system (about £350) I have looked on compucars and currently 525d's are approx 6k less than 535d's so they do not depreciate at a different rate, and the facelifted 3.0 525d is far superior. It has been interesting reading the posts but i am definitely sticking with this one, confirmed Space Grey too smlove2.gif

That's fair enough mate, get plenty of pics up when it arrives. 169144-ok.gif

If you finance the £6k though, it is only £32 a month more, as you say the car is worth £6k more at the end, so just add the £6k to the balloon and pay the interest on it. Sorry couldn't resist. tongue.gifgrin.gif

Surely the top model will lose more money then the others as well, the top model always does and the expectation of extra kit is higher as well.

I think the 525d will be a nice motor, I've been in the old one and it was nice and doesn't have the rattle of the 2.0d and a nicer noise to it.

Plus the higher initial cost means that you are depreciating an even bigger asset that will mean you lose even more money in the long run. Just my thoughts. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter how it drives, the fact is there are three 3.0 diesel engines in the range, the 535d is the most desirable, the 530d less so and the 525d even less so, doesn't matter how they drive.

Their is less than 1.5 mpg between the 535, 530 and the 525d so the 525d being more economical just doesn't work, on a rolling road maybe, but get it onto a real road and the extra bhp and torque will give the 530d more mpg, I guaruntee that.

I could get 35mpg on a long run with my 535d in stock form, when remapped I could get 38mpg doing that same run.

I am not trying to be an arse, I just think you should stop and think about this, if it were a company car then fair enough, but spending your own money the 525d doesn't make sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement is bang on the money. 169144-ok.gif

If you want to know what the new engine is like get a drive in a 325d it has new engine. smirk.gif

Hope you got more than the original 8% also. smashfreakB.gif

As for getting more than 8%, like I have said the deal is done, you dont go back the next day and get 10% then the day after 12%. I have signed, have got 8% and am happy with the deal and that is the end of it. Some people will pay list, some lucky others will maybe get 12%+ discount. Hindsight is a wonderful thing 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

As for getting more than 8%, like I have said the deal is done, you dont go back the next day and get 10% then the day after 12%. I have signed, have got 8% and am happy with the deal and that is the end of it.

Some people will pay list, some lucky others will maybe get 12%+ discount.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the right deal the first time.

Who pays list nowadays, dont need to be lucky just shrewd.

Research is a wonderful thing.