AMD Remap

Woppum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically in this case i have been a very naughty young man. I have not told the insurance or fleet about the remap, as i wont with the exhaust, as am afraid they will simply say no. I have been advised by a frind to keep it hush. The friend also said, dont do stage 3, way too risk, as both the company wont like it, and fleet insurance may just say no. I dont understand the full technicalities of the situation, but i basically think it is not worth it. It just seem like pushing my luck..

When i first orderd the R32, fleet spoke to the insurance company and they said, "We are waiting for the first claim'. I think they feel becasue i am only 20, such a powerful car will be too much for me, bloody steriotypes. Anywho i think i will wait a year before i get stage 3/4.

Sorry i cant help beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Basically in this case i have been a very naughty young man. I have not told the insurance or fleet about the remap, as i wont with the exhaust, as am afraid they will simply say no. I have been advised by a frind to keep it hush. The friend also said, dont do stage 3, way too risk, as both the company wont like it, and fleet insurance may just say no. I dont understand the full technicalities of the situation, but i basically think it is not worth it. It just seem like pushing my luck..

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realise then that you are currently driving around uninsured!?? EEK2.GIFNONO3.GIF

The insurance companies out here in the US dont care about what mods you have, and long as the car is smog legal, and the correct engine is in the car. I dont see how they would void his warranty for getting exhaust and his car chipped. Maybe if he totalled his car and then they found out he had it twin turboed or something.. but no way... I dont think a chip would be an issue. Then again, I dont live out there. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realise then that you are currently driving around uninsured!?? EEK2.GIFNONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's look at the worst case here (in the spirit of "what could possibly go wrong?").

Wopps is driving fast down a country lane and hits a pedestrian, destroying the front of his car and killing the pedestrian. dung.gif

Insurance company inspectors come out and check over the car, finding a non-standard ECU and exhaust, which is not declared to the insurers.

Pedestrians family claim £2m in damages against Wopps.

Insurance company say "feck off, he wasn't insured".

Wopps is sued for civil damages of £2m, is banned from driving and will find it extremely hard to get insurance in the future.

Now Wopps, do you still think it's clever not to declare it to the insurers ?

If you want to be sure, check your policy - it'll have some wording about you declaring all material information to them otherwise you are not insured.

Better to pay the extra dosh now that suffer the (potential) consequences.

Insurance!

The problem is you might get away with it with a dealer who might nor check - but if you kill someone or have a bad crash I guarantee the accident investigators will be looking for undeclared mods.

I am in the same position cos my car is a company car too. Company insurers will NOT allow mods if its a performance mod - they run a mile. I did check with mine.

Hence I'm sorry to say but you insurance is invalidated and they would have a damn good reason not to pay out a penny! frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think for this situation - they would be obliged pay the third party bits (e.g. the 2M), but not the fully comp, leaving Wopps with a mangled motor and still in deep dung.gif with the insurance companies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the insurance companies will wriggle out of any payment they can.

In this case because the mods were not declared, you are classed as "not insured" (not "partly insured"), so they will almost certainly not pay the 2m.

So not only do you have the consequences of someone's death on your hands (which is probably not a very pleasant thing in itself), but you have the prospect of personal bankruptcy too. At 20, that ain't something you really want znaika.gif

Of course Wopps _could_ get away with it. But that's one helluva risk to take in my very humble opinion.