335D M Sport

Oli

Image069.jpg

Image070.jpg

Right Ive had this car on demo since tuesday, and initially I thought it wasnt the car for me, but now Im loving it. I did a good hundred miles in it yesterday, at a good hard pace, and it averaged 35mpg!!!!!

It does feel a bit jittery at times, but I put this down to the run flats - they really spoil the car. If I get one of these, the first thing I will do is put a set of BBS or CSL 19" wheels on it and possibly lower it by 30mm, otherwise I think the car is amazing, oh and Id probably have a re-map - well it would be rude not to!!!!

I have the 335i petrol next week to compare.

Now all Ive got to do is wait until the baby arrives, and see if I think I can get two kids and all the associated kit into the .:R32, and if I cant this will be ordered 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am in the process of getting 19" wheels with non runflats for mine as I have heard that they transform the handling 169144-ok.gif

May lower if afterward and then remap beerchug.gif

Mine is avergaing 31.3 mpg on mostly town driving.

I would always go with the d rather than the i but your comparison will be interesting and also your thoughts on the 335d to the R32 when you get back in it.

I got 26mpg from the 535d over 20k miles, and I got 23mpg from the 335i coupe on a test drive over the morning.

If you take it into account, the total running costs including depreciation, tax, insurance, servicing, tyres etc. etc. it really comes down to which you prefer.

The 335d is an awesome, awesome car, the 335i is something rather special.

My sensible head says 335d, but I think I would always be thinking 'should have bought the 335i'

Be interesting to see what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

now that I've sold my GTI, I've put my order in for a saloon with following spec:

BMW 335d M Sport Saloon

Metallic Black Sapphire

Black Dakota Leather

19" Style 225M Alloys

Blue tooth Telephone Prep with Telematics and a Nokia 6233 Cradle

Professional Navigation System

DAB Digital Radio

Hi Fi Logic 7 Professional Loud speaker System

USB/Audio Interface

Bi-Xenon Headlights

Individual Sun Protection Dark tinted Glazing etc

Interior/Exterior Mirrors With Auto Anti Dazzle

Model Designation Deletion

Windscreen With Green Shadeband

Driver and Passenger Electric Lumber Support

Front Passenger Isofix Child Seat Attachment

Heated Front Seats

Black Line Rear Lamps

Painted Rear Boot Spoiler

M Series Stainless Steel Front and Rear Door Entry Strips

and Aluminium Sports Pedals.

Can't wait! jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Scott the wheels look similar to the standard m sport 18's but have 10 double spokes rather than alternate double and single spokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm, interesting. Not on the configurator, how much are they as an option?

[ QUOTE ]

Good spec Si.

I think youll find, refence the wheels, he knows the sales manager at his local BMW dealer, and has managed to swap these wheels off a coupe - correct me if Im wrong Si

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, cunning, it's all about who you know then!

[ QUOTE ]

Good spec Si.

I think youll find, refence the wheels, he knows the sales manager at his local BMW dealer, and has managed to swap these wheels off a coupe - correct me if Im wrong Si

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Oli.

Indeed you are right my friend. It really is a case of not what you know, but who! grin.gif