GTI Ed30 golf ball gear shifter - Manual

[ QUOTE ]

heres one on ebay. I had a silver ashtray lid off this seller for my Ed30. Can recommend him/her 169144-ok.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Golfball-Manual-Ge...tem180076137465

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks rsclzc! grin.gif169144-ok.gif I searched ebay without joy and I couldn't find the previous thread on this with links.

Did you approach VW to purchase? I assume this is cheaper?

169144-ok.gif

No didn't approach VW to be honest, the chap on ebay posted it out next day, so no waiting. Which suited me. laugh.gif

Also if its of interest Tarmac T. I have seen the Edition 30 knob with black stitching instead of red, from the same seller, sure he would sort you out if you asked (Can't seem to find link to this). Would suit the standard interior better with black stitching? and would still get the pimply knob! 169144-ok.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

No didn't approach VW to be honest, the chap on ebay posted it out next day, so no waiting. Which suited me. laugh.gif

Also if its of interest Tarmac T. I have seen the Edition 30 knob with black stitching instead of red, from the same seller, sure he would sort you out if you asked (Can't seem to find link to this). Would suit the standard interior better with black stitching? and would still get the pimply knob! 169144-ok.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - The black stitching might look a bit less bling actually. 169144-ok.gif Is the golf ball still covered in leather? It looks plastic from the pics but can't imagine VW would do that?

Just thought I would get a comparison price buying via VW parts department. I called in at the dealer in Basingstoke and went to the parts section. The guy had never heard of a GTI Edition 30 and wanted a chassis number. I explained that I was just looking for the part to fit to my MY06 standard GTI and therefore my chasis number would be no use but confirmed that the Ed 30 has only been out about 3 months. On the computer he pulled up about 10 different knobs EEK2.GIF but was unable to distinguish which it could be. He wasn't particularly helpful and to be honest despite talking to him for less than 3 minutes made me feel like I was wasting his time after the first 20 seconds with a kind of 'can't do' attitude!

Glad I didn't buy my car from them ROLLEY~14.GIF