If you had to drive a "sensible" car...

RedRobin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the subject of a 'sensible' car ... last week I spent some time test driving various cars, looking for a replacement for my son's old Corsa. Of those that I drove, the one which surprised me most was the Yaris - I really didn't expect to find it so good. That doesn't mean, of course, that I wouldn't prefer to be driving the A2.

[ QUOTE ]

On the subject of a 'sensible' car ... last week I spent some time test driving various cars, looking for a replacement for my son's old Corsa. Of those that I drove, the one which surprised me most was the Yaris - I really didn't expect to find it so good. That doesn't mean, of course, that I wouldn't prefer to be driving the A2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very under estimated car is the Yaris. Im a moderator over on the Toyota owners club and they are superb small cars. Very well built and has the Toyota reliability to boot so not much can compare in terms of low running costs. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Im thinking 1.4 170 TSI Golf or for something smaller, 1.4 Lupo GTI? 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lupo GTI is a top choice, although they are all 1.6 169144-ok.gif

Light, fast and economical and also quite exclusive. When I downgraded to a 'sensible' car I bought one. So far its been superb ECLIPSe.gif

I think I drive a sensible car, well it is for me anyway. I rarely have anyone else with me so 2 seats are enough. I don't tend to drive long distances so my 699cc engine is ample. I can park it in very small spaces which is ideal at my work. It doesn't cost a fortune to insure, is cheap on petrol and I can't complain at £40 a year road tax! grin.gif There's also plenty of room for my shopping in the boot - and I can fit a lot in there!!

Glad my Lupo idea met with general approval ! I'd love one myself, and I also loves a Smart coupe I rented a few years back in Germany, simple, light, fun and different. Nice car really, and it wasn't as bad as you might imagine on the Autobahn either.

I still think the MX5 is the ultimate in simple RWD reliable fun. Knackers to those who comment in the image, its great fun to drive.