Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedRobin

If you had to drive a "sensible" car...

59 posts in this topic

For a truly sensible car, I'd have a used Skoda Fabia TDi.

Erm hang on, just bought one smile.gif

A 2.0TDI A4 Avant S-Line.

or a PD150 Golf GT TDI...

sekret.gif

....In starting this thread I probably should have been more specific about what I meant by a "sensible car"!

^ would have helped lol.

I always enjoyed the Alfa 164 3.0's my brother has had quick plenty of room, handle well if you know how to drive them and drive them like an old man and you can get 30mpg round the doors. I have dismantaled a few of these for a mate now and i can really see were alfa were trying to match and imho better build them then Audi/bmw at the time. Theres so many little neat touches in how its held together. Unlike newer alfas.

If road pricing and tax goes nuts i can see me back in an original mini as i found them so much fun not very practical though lol.

I remember them Robin ! One was raced in the early/mid 1960s by a German guy called Johan Abt. Yes the founder of the current company well know for their Audi tuning .

I suppose a Lupo GTi is sensible? Yaris ? Cannot agrre with Peterb about the A2. Aston Green used them as courtesy cars, after a couple of goes I used to catch the bus back from Maidenhead to Slough as it was more preferable..... sorry I think they are uch!

Well, having been given an A3 as a courtesy car on a couple of occasions, I started asking for an A2 TDi specifically!