Autocheck Brake (red)warning

robpink

Twice this week Autocheck has flashed up red warning/Brakes warning after starting up. Light goes out & stays off. Had VAG-COM check today, no fault shown, + AM quattro in Ilminster checked over brake system & found no leaks/problems. Anyone else had this?

I had this problem and my battery was fine (brand new car, 15 miles on the clock.....).

The dealer told me there was a known problem with the brake fluid sensor where they can sometimes let in a bit of moisture and it triggers a spurious alarm - usually on cold damp days when starting from cold.

So on those very, very, very rare occasions when you have eliminated a low battery, this is what it could be.

Mark

Mine used to give me a brake warning when I caned it away from standstill. There's a nice motorway exit near here with lights at the end of the sliproad. Mission is to get up to 80mph before going under the motorway bridge - can be done if you get the gearchanges right. Bit scary when you notice a brake warning as you go past 70 heading for a roundabout!

fekr.gif

Stealers topped it up with an almost imperceptible amount of fluid, and the problem went away.