[Audi A3/S3] Anyone got a new shape A3 yet?

Ari

Went on a Palmersport Audi trackday yesterday. Had a go in a 2.0Tdi while I was there.... Pretty impressive actually and looked very nice too.

Nealy as much midrange grunt as the Leon which is some going FIREdevil.gif I'm half tempted to pop up my local dealer and see if he's got a 3.2 demonstrator in yet. ECLIPSe.gif

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the welcome beerchug.gif

A3 2.0 Tdi Sport + armrest and c.control

Drives really nicely although the servo assist steering is a bit different. It's silky smooth for normal driving at the expense of some feedback from the wheels although you always feel incontrol so it's just a case of getting used to it.

Anyone else out there with a new A3 experiencing light shaking when idle after the engine has warmed up? I've seen a couple of other posts experiencing this.

Haven't got one (yet) but my local Audi dealer is giving me a brand new one on Friday 2nd Jan to test drive for the day - its just sitting there waiting to have the plates put on it and it looks stunning - 2.0TDi Sport in Lava Grey Pearl... quite exciting really seeing as it will be brand new on the day and I'll be the first punter to test drive it! I'll let you know what I think after the test drive, but from what i've read on here it should be an enjoyable experience. beerchug.gif

Hey Vagman.... I don't suppose you have pics of your car you could post please??? Looking in the brochure it looks like Akoya is the colour I'd go for if I bought one - and after today's test drive I seriously think I might be trading 180bhp petrol for 140bhp diesel.... the thing just flew!! beerchug.gif

Nick, thats gonna look sweet with the 18" wheels under it AND the kit. Thats gonna be one highly spec'd A3 you've got on order - DSG aswell...... I only wish i could afford all these toys. You must be looking at about £25-£26k there in total, right?

[ QUOTE ]

Nick, thats gonna look sweet with the 18" wheels under it AND the kit. Thats gonna be one highly spec'd A3 you've got on order - DSG aswell...... I only wish i could afford all these toys. You must be looking at about £25-£26k there in total, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without the kit but including discount it comes out just about £22700. I'm working on the dealer at the moment to get the whole lot including kit for under £24000.

The s-line kit is an absolute bargain for £700. 18" alloys, half leather seats and other bits and bobs. Bargain grin.gif The wheels alone must be worth about £1500.

[ QUOTE ]

Did you go for Bose? Sympthiny II

My spec is as follows -

Brill Black

Audi Bodykit

Symothony II + Bose

Alcatara/Leather

Sports 5 Spoke alloys on order

Tinted Windows

Armrest

Sign written Audi in back windows

2.0 TDi

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a nice spec Dave, very similar to mine. I initially was going to have Grey or Black with red leather interior. But after getting details of the s-line option I had to have that grin.gif, so I opted for the Avus silver because it used to be a £1500 paint option but is now £380.

Here's the full spec of mine.......

A3 2.0TDI Sport with DSG

S-line pack (18" RS6 replicas )

Avus Silver

Black/Black interior (half leather/cloth)

Symphony with BOSE

Acoustic parking sensors

Xenons

Light auto sensor pack

Storage pack

Front armrest

Rear floor mats

Reversible boot mat

Non smoking pack

De-badged

Dealer Fit - Audi Body Kit

beerchug.gif