milltek sound?

gtc197

hi guys, would someone be so kind as to post a sound clip of a gti with milltek cat back non-res exhaust? considering it for my gti when it arrives but id like to know does it sound much noisier than standard....also ive heard that exhaust modifications should be carried out before re-mapping is done, is this correct? and if so, why? cheers

post-16819-137914395346_thumb.jpg

Hi gtc197. I had the Milltek cat back fitted as part of the Morego250 conversion. Have not got a clip of the sound but it just sounds more business like. Not much louder just deeper. I didn't want a head ache when driving long distances or any un wanted attention, so fits the bill.Have been well impresed with the Milltek and the build quality is of a high standard. Gets a big thumbs up from me 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

....also ive heard that exhaust modifications should be carried out before re-mapping is done, is this correct? and if so, why? cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

....Not "should be" - You don't need to fit a performance exhaust such as a MIlltek. And it's important to realise that the exhaust without a remap won't give you any significant extra bhp (3 or 4 perhaps) but will improve throttle response and work more efficiently with the engine.

If you fit a Hi-flow aka Turbo-back exhaust with a remap, it will then increase your bhp - Which Stage tuning will determine just how many extra neddies you get. For example, 245ish for a Stage1 and 265ish for a Stage2, both with Hi-flow fitted.