Volvo S60 battery problems

sidlad

Friend of mine has a Volvo S60 D5 (diesel), aquired recenetly but when it is left for three days or more the battery is dead, initial diagnostics suggest there is a 0.5A drain on the battery but garage has checked fuses in attempt to highlight the problem but to no avail....Volvo stealership says they can't do anything more then the other garage did....any ideas? Or common faults anyone knows about...much appreciated.

Is the headlight switch in the correct position? It should be all the way to the left or all the way to the right. In the middle, the sidelights are on.

Boot light stuck on? (Drop down rear seat to check). Glove box light? Any aftermarket electical items added?

I recall that sometimes the brake sensor can fail causing the brake lights to be on all the time.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I too have the dead battery problem with my 2001 volvo s60. It has happened twice in the last 4 months...drive the car and everything is fine..shut it off and come back 8-10 hours later and the battery is totally dead..nothing is being left on...no lights are on, but battery goes from fully charged to zero in 8-10 hours..anyone have any ideas?